GRAB 5 FREE SHED PLANS NOW !
Mixed fruit shortcakes. I used the shortcake portion of this recipe and unfortunately, I just didn't enjoy it. I found the texture too crumbly and they tasted like the baking powder. On the upside, the amount is perfect for two people.
The Best Fruit Shortcake Biscuit Recipes on Yummly Red, White & Blueberry ''shortcakes'', Sweet Biscuit Strawberry Shortcake, Biscuit Berry Shortcake. To serve, lay one biscuit on a plate, top with syrupy fruit, then top with a good spoonful of cream. You can cook Mixed fruit shortcakes using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mixed fruit shortcakes
- Prepare 1 cup of mixed fresh berries.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh peaches or nectarines.
- You need 4 tsp. of sugar, divided.
- It's 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/8 tsp. of Salt.
- It's 2 tbsp. of Shorting.
- It's 3 tbsp. of Milk.
- Prepare of Whipped topping.
Tutorials to Learn Cake Decorating Online. This strawberry shortcake recipe is the perfect recipe to use when you have fresh strawberries on hand but it's also ideal if you want to make a peach shortcake or a mixed fruit shortcake..a few shortcakes, stuffing them with fruit goodness, and topping it all with freshly whipped cream. Make individual strawberry shortcake cups when you build your shortcake in a mason jar. Layer strawberry shortcake components to build pretty parfaits for a party-ready dessert recipe.
Mixed fruit shortcakes step by step
- In a small bowl,combine berries peaches and 2 tsp sugar; set aside.
- In another bowl,combine the flour,baking powder and salt;cut in the shortening until mixture is crumbly. Stir un milk just until moistened. Drop by lightly packed 1/3 cupfuls 2 in. Apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Gently flatten into 21/2 in. Circles.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Split shortcakes in half horizontally. Spoon the fruit onto bottoms; spread whipped cream over fruit or on the shortcake tops..
Dried fruit is a reliable standby during winter months, when fewer fresh fruits are available. When mixing the dough for shortcakes, use a light hand and work quickly for the most tender cakes. And to celebrate, yesterday I made a round of berry shortcakes for the everyone! It felt so good to be back. Skewer mini shortcakes and fruit for a new dessert.