GRAB 5 FREE SHED PLANS NOW !
Stewed Fruit. To start making your stewed fruit, prepare all the fruits you're using. Remember to select a seasonal fruit so your stewed fruit will be as fresh and tasty as possible. Cut up all the fruit into bite sized pieces.
If using rhubarb, peel the ginger and finely grate it into the pan. The stewed fruit may be rewarmed as needed in a small saucepan over low heat. Stewed fruit recipe: pears, dates and dried apricots I t's been a while since I wanted to test this idea of a stewed fruit recipe. You can cook Stewed Fruit using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stewed Fruit
- You need of Fruit.
- You need 2 of large Fuji apple.
- It's 2 of large pears.
- Prepare 2 of large peaches.
- Prepare of Body.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It's 1 cup of peach brandy.
- It's 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It's 1 pinch of saffron threads.
- You need of Spices.
- It's 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- It's 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of Topping.
- You need 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Prepare 1 cup of pecans.
- Prepare 2 pinches of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of orange liqueur.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- It's To taste of fresh chopped mint leaves.
These are pears, dates and dried apricots which are quickly poached in a little honey syrup that has been flavored with cinnamon, fresh ginger and orange blossom water. The fruit softens and releases its juices, creating a rich sauce that is easy to incorporate into every meal of the day. Plums, apricots, peaches, nectarines and cherries are all delicious when stewed. Wash the fruit and peel it if you wish.
Stewed Fruit instructions
- Peel the peaches, pears, and apples. Remove the pits and cores..
- Slice all the fruits into wedges..
- Melt the butter add the saffron, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and salt..
- Add the wedges to the pan. Sauté for 15 minutes..
- Add the brandy and cream. Let thicken..
- Heat a pan add the pecans and toast 1 minute. Add the rest of the topping ingredients. Sauté for 2 minutes till all the pecans are coated. These will turn hard..
- Add the topping an garnish to the stewed fruit serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Chop it up into slices or chunks. Stewed fruits make for a delicious dessert, but you can also sneak them into a breakfast or decadent brunch menu. While most stewed fruit recipes call for hours of watchful cooking, this recipe uses your slow cooker so you can go about your day while your fruit cooks. To save on time, you can make fresh stewed fruits well in advance and refrigerate them. Stewed fruit is quick and easy to make, buy fruit in season and save money and time by stewing in bulk and storing in the fridge. minutes.