GRAB 5 FREE SHED PLANS NOW !
Over night soaked fruit cake. Speedy Christmas Cake that requires no overnight fruit soaking! An easy fruit cake that's rich with a velvety texture, super moist and full flavoured. This Recipe is the first step to start making your Traditional Christmas Cake (Soak the fruits in Rum).
I know Christmas is coming so everyone has almost started with the Fruitcake preparations. Always soak the fruit, at least overnight if not for longer t it will soften and make the cake moist. The soaking of dried fruits for the Christmas cake is a bit of an event in Calcutta. You can have Over night soaked fruit cake using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Over night soaked fruit cake
- It's 225 g of plain flour.
- You need 225 g of butter.
- Prepare 225 g of dark brown sugar.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It's 2 tsp of mixed spice.
- It's 1 of kilo mixed fruit.
- It's 750 of fl orange/apple juice (brandy if wish).
With the month-long festivities of the Pujo season behind them. Fruit cake is a bit of a divisive one; I know that a lot of people aren't keen on it, but I absolutely love it and Christmas for me wouldn't be the same without a It needs to be soaked at least overnight so do make sure that you start this cake the day before you want to bake it. The fruit can be left to soak for. Rich Fruit cake made with rum soaked dry fruits
Over night soaked fruit cake step by step
- Measure out all fruit and mixed with fluids. Leave overnight to soak up the liquid and expand the fruit..
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, spices, eggs and butter in a large mixing bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Slowly add the fruit, mixing as you go..
- Transfer the cake into greased tins..
- Leave to cook for 4 hours, after look for a spongy top and a clean knife..
Dry fruits are soaked in rum, at least before one month and the cake is baked and then fed/basted · Both the cake and fruit mixture chill overnight so the cake can absorb the rum and the sugar can soften and sweeten the fruit. Soak the dry fruits in either of the juice overnight in the fridge. Add fruit that won't get mushy directly into the mason jar or toss. Soaking of the fruits and nuts conditions them so the baked product will retain its moisture. If you opt for an alcohol option, soak them in rum or brandy.