GRAB 5 FREE SHED PLANS NOW !
Fruit and Nut Cookies. Jump to the Fruit and Nut Chocolate Cookies Recipe or read on to see our tips for making them. These chocolate cookies are packed with chopped nuts, dried fruit and chocolate. They were originally inspired by Joanne's favorite chocolate bar: Cadbury's Fruit and Nut Milk Chocolate Bar.
I tried these cookies and as like you said they are really delicious. Get a little extra crunch from these totally fab cookies. They're boosted with healthful ingredients and taste even better! You can have Fruit and Nut Cookies using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fruit and Nut Cookies
- It's 125 grams of Butter, chopped.
- Prepare 75 grams of Caster sugar.
- You need 75 grams of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of no Egg, beaten.
- It's 185 grams of Plain flour.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Baking soda.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1 cup of Cashew nuts, chopped (lightly roasted).
- You need 1/3 cup of Raisins, halved.
A versatile and crumbly shortbread cookie with your favourite combination of fruit and nuts; recently described by a friend of mine as moorish! I have used pistachio's and dried cranberries here but other great combinations include white chocolate and cranberries. Mint cake sprinkled with powdered sugar on dark surface with fresh oranges mandarins. Stollen traditional Christmas ftuitcake with dried fruit and nut.
Fruit and Nut Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven at 160°C for 10 minutes..
- Beat butter, sugars, egg and vanilla essence in a bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Stir in sifted flour and baking soda mixture. Add cashew nuts and raisins, mix well..
- Drop level tablespoons of mixture about 5 cm apart onto a baking paper lined oven tray, press down lightly. Bake for 15 minutes or until browned. Stand cookies 2 minutes before lifting onto wire rack to cool..
- NOTES - Sift together the flour and baking soda..
- Any kind of fruit and nut can be substituted for cashew nuts and raisins. The original recipe calls for walnuts and choc bits..
- For measuring fruit and nut i used 250 ml measuring cup..
- Recipe source - cafe cakes by Australian Women's Weekly..
Cookies are a universal favourite dish that come to rescue for the sudden hunger pangs and sweet cravings. These Baked Fruit and Nut Cookies are You can prepare a big batch of these delectable cookies and store it for later use as well. Carry these cookies with you at a road trip or picnic and. Wrap in waxed paper or clear wrap and chill overnight or until firm. Add the flour, nuts, and fruit, and stir until just combined.