GRAB 5 FREE SHED PLANS NOW !
Fruit Explosion Carrot Muffins. These Fruit Explosion Muffins are loaded with strawberries and blueberries (or any berries you want!) and have a strawberry jam surprise inside! I wanted to come up with a Fruit Explosion Muffin recipe that would rival that of Tim Horton's, but maybe be a little healthier and made from scratch. These carrot muffins are my favorite snack during the day.
Fruit Explosion Muffins I love a classic Tim Horton's Fruit Explosion Muffin, but don't love all the added sugar, fat, and refined carbohydrate that goes into making those delicious treats. So, I created this version of the muffin that is gluten-free, nut-free, and naturally sweetened, making it the ideal snack to pack in your child's. These Fruit Explosion Muffins are loaded with strawberries and blueberries (or any berries you want!) and have a strawberry jam surprise inside! You can have Fruit Explosion Carrot Muffins using 28 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fruit Explosion Carrot Muffins
- Prepare of Chia fruit spread: add to a pot.
- You need 2 cup of Each rhubarb washed and cut, strawberries, green apples peeled, mangos. (Can be fresh or frozen).
- You need 1 of Vanilla bean scrapped then throw the pod in the pot.
- Prepare 1 of Lemon zested and squeezed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Chia seeds (optional I ground half of them in coffee grinder).
- You need of In a blender add:.
- It's 1/2 cup of Large flake gf oats.
- It's 1/2 cup of Quinoa flakes.
- It's 1 cup of Almond pulp (wet from mylking) or almond flour.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Sea salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Pumpkin pie spice.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- It's 1/4 cup of Honey or maple syrup.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Stevia or more to your preferred sweetness.
- You need 2 of Bananas.
- You need 2 tbsp of Ground flax mixed with 1/4 cup water or 2 eggs.
- It's 2 tbsp of Chia seeds.
- You need 1/2 cup of Your choice natural nut or seed butter.
- Prepare of Fold in:.
- You need 1 cup of Carrot pulp from juicing (or peeled and grated).
- It's 1/4 cup of Coconut.
- It's 1 cup of Fruit spread (best if cooled) divided, 1/2 cup into batter.
- It's of Cinnamon sugar topping.
- It's 1/4 cup of Hemp hearts.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Coconut sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
They are made with whole wheat flour and sour cream makes them extra moist. Ingredients: Brown sugar, Oat flour, Saskatoons, Applesauce (apples, water), Eggs, Canola oil, Raspberries, Oranges, Water, Baking powder, Baking soda, Artificial vanilla extract, Salt, Xanthan gum.. Carrot (no dairy ingredients listed) Fruit Explosion (no dairy ingredients listed) Lemon Poppyseed (not a regular. Weekend muffins to make with the kids.
Fruit Explosion Carrot Muffins instructions
- Make fruit spread. Mix all ingredients together In a pot. bring to a boil and allow to simmer and break down and thicken. Pull out vanilla pods. With an immersion blender or potato masher process till desired consistency. Allow to cool. Will make about two 16 oz jars. Keep one in fridge and one in freezer. Great to spread on toast, add to plain yogurt, top pancakes, make bars...etc..
- Alternatively you can skip this step all together and just add 1/2 cup on Apple sauce to muffins or cut up fruit. And then your favourite jam for the center of the muffins..
- In blender throw all the muffins ingredients except the fold ins and blend. It doesn't have to be completey smooth..
- Fold in the add ins, scoop 1/4 cup into sprayed muffins tins. Add 1 spoonful of the reserved fruit spread on top of each muffin, then top with another 1/4 cup batter. Makes large fruit explosion muffins! Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar topping. Bake 375 17-22 mins. Allow to cool in pan on rack for at least 5 mins. They are moist muffins, best kept in fridge if they last past a day in your house. I made 12 smaller muffins and 12 mini muffins..
Showing them all of these healthy ingredients and how a muffin without chocolate chips can be good! In a separate bowl, mix eggs, sour cream, oil, vanilla, and optional jam or filling. Add to dry mixture and mix. These muffins turned out great for me! I used frozen fruit in place of the apple with excellent results.