GRAB 5 FREE SHED PLANS NOW !
Oat groats and fruit vegetable stew. See great recipes for Oat groats and fruit vegetable stew too! Cook the vegetables and meat in a fry pan. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy bottom saucepan over medium heat.
Appams are thin crepes made with rice batter. It is a traditional South Indian breakfast. Click here for recipes of Appams. You can cook Oat groats and fruit vegetable stew using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oat groats and fruit vegetable stew
- You need 1/2 cup of oat groats (pre-soaked).
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- It's 1/2 medium of eggplant/aubergine.
- It's 2 small of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 medium of capsicum/sweet pepper.
- It's 1 dash of cracked black pepper.
- It's 2 dash of onion and garlic powder.
- It's 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
Drain; wipe pan with paper towel. Oat groats and steel-cut oats take a longer time than most grains to prepare. All forms of oats are good eaten as breakfast cereal. Prepare groats into a pilaf and serve as a side dish.
Oat groats and fruit vegetable stew instructions
- Make sure oat groats are washed and well-drained..
- Mix oat groats, salt, olive oil and water in a medium pot. Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat..
- Cut eggplant and tomato into bite-size pieces. Slice peppers finely..
- Mix veggies, black pepper, onion and garlic powder, paprika and 1 tbsp butter into oat groats. Bring to a boil, then leave to simmer on low heat for about 15min..
- Stir in remaining 1 tbsp butter and leave to simmer for another 15-20min..
- Remove from heat and serve hot. Warm crusty bread or a crunchy salad would make nice sides if you're hungry or feeding 3 instead of 2..
Add steel-cut oats to soups and stews. Oats, wheat, and barley can be processed into groats. Alternately, the word groats can be used to refer to buckwheat in its whole kernel form. A relative of rhubarb, buckwheat is technically a seed, but it's cooked and used as if it were a grain, with the benefit of being gluten-free. Add the tofu and enough vegetable stock to just cover the mixture.