Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you're looking for Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are A Few Simple Reasons Why Eating Apples Is Good.
I am certain you have heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever ask yourself why this is actually important? You may know individuals that live by this and also require that their children live by this guideline as well. You will even find that folks in other country’s also follow this simple rule and they don’t even know why. You will be delighted to know that we have completed a little research, and we are going to teach you why this is regarded as a miracle fruit.
Cornell University had a study on the effect apples have on your brain. While carrying out their study they discovered that, quercetin, which is located in apples assists in maintaining healthier brain cells. And naturally thanks to this component in apples, they can essentially reduce Alzheimer’s symptoms.
I hope I have revealed some good information that revealed why apples are so good. The one thing you should realize is that we only discussed a handful of the benefits of eating apples. In the event you look and ask around, you are going to come to see that the benefits can seem to be limitless. So do yourself a favor and purchase some apples the next time you go to the store. You will notice that your overall health may significantly be benefited by consuming apples.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to harvest spice bread (or muffins) recipe. To make harvest spice bread (or muffins) you need 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins):
- Get 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- Provide 1 tsp. baking soda
- You need 3/4 tsp. salt
- Use 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- You need 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- You need 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- You need 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Provide 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- You need 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Provide 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Use 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- Get 1 heaping cup peeled and shredded apple
- Get 3/4 cup peeled and freshly shredded carrot
- Provide 2 tbsp. milk
- Get 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Provide Rolled oats, for topping (optional)
Instructions to make Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins):
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5" loaf pan and set it aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger until combined, then set that aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, milk and pumpkin. Then whisk in the shredded apple and carrot. Pour the wet batter into the dry and fold together until it's just combined, then fold in the walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and top with oats if you'd like. Bake for 50-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out mostly clean. If you notice the bread is browning quickly, then tent some foil loosely over the top halfway through baking time. Let it cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack, before removing the loaf and slicing it. Leftover bread can be stored in the fridge for a week or so.
- For Muffins: Grease a 12 count muffin tin instead of a loaf pan and pour the batter to the top of each tin. Initially, preheat the oven to 425°F. Bake the muffins for 5 minutes, then keep them in the oven and lower the temperature to 350°F and bake for an additional 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let them cool in the pan for 5 or so minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For Mini-Loaves (as pictured): Grease the mini-loaf pans rather than the large one. Bake at 350°F for 33-38 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out mostly clean. Place the mini loaf pans onto a wire rack to cool completely.
If you find this Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.