Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Garlic Mushroom Stuffed Poblano Peppers (meatless) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Garlic Mushroom Stuffed Poblano Peppers (meatless) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Garlic Mushroom Stuffed Poblano Peppers (meatless) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Wholesome Fast Food.
Just about every article you read about restoring your health or losing weight is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is actually very true. But occasionally the last thing you would like to do is make a whole meal for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just wish to hit the drive through en route to your home and call it a day. There is no reason you shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This is because most popular fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their selections. Here is how one can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Visit a drive through in a place that has made it a practice to provide healthier options to people. Arby’s as an example, doesn’t offer burgers. You can eat roast beef sandwiches, wraps and salads instead. While Wendy’s has made hamburgers for decades, they also have plenty of other healthy options like salads, baked potatoes and chili. Most fast food dining places will not stoop to the harmful lows seen at McDonalds.
Traditional logic tells us that one positive way to get healthy and shed pounds is to drop the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, for the most part, this is a good plan, if you make smart choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Once in a while, letting someone else cook dinner is just what you require. There isn’t any reason to feel bad about visiting the drive through when you make healthy decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to garlic mushroom stuffed poblano peppers (meatless) recipe. To make garlic mushroom stuffed poblano peppers (meatless) you need 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Garlic Mushroom Stuffed Poblano Peppers (meatless):
- Provide 5 oz package garlic & butter flavored croutons ( or make your own)
- Prepare 5 -6 poblano peppers (depends on size, if larger 5 if smaller 6
- Prepare 3/4 cup vegetable broth (or any kind of broth u prefer)
- Provide 1/4 cup butter or margarine ( melted)
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp Jarred minced garlic
- Get 2 cup shredded cheese ( I used 6 cheese Italian but cheddar or Swiss works great too)
- Provide 2 -3 plum tomatoes, 1/2" thick sliced ( amount depends on how many pablanos you use)
- You need 1 salt & pepper to taste
- You need 1/2 cup diced onion
- Get 2 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- Use 8 oz mushrooms, chopped into bite sized pieces (I used canned)
Instructions to make Garlic Mushroom Stuffed Poblano Peppers (meatless):
- preheat oven to 350°
- wash poblano peppers, lay them on their sides and cut a triangle shape on the front.so now it looks like a boat.. pop out stem stem and remove all seeds and guts. arrange on a cookie sheet.
- in a bowl place croutons, broth, the 1/4 c butter and the minced garlic.
- toss croutons to coat, let sit for a few minutes and toss again.. keep doing so until the croutons are soggy and had soaked up most of the liquids.
- chop the pieces you cut out into small dices, toss into Crouton mix. then add mushrooms and salt and pepper.. toss to coat well.
- in a small skillet add 2 tbl butter and the onion ( season with more garlic if you like allot of garlic) . saute until they are starting to get soft, remove from heat and add to Crouton mix ( if using fresh mushrooms saute them in this step before adding to crouton mix)
- now stuff you're peppers with the crouton mix. make sure you get all the way to the bottom.
- lay slices if the tomatoes across the top of the peppers to cover your crouton mix.
- bake for 30 minutes.
- now sprinkle on the cheese to cover your peppers, then bake again until cheese is melted and browned, peppers are soft, and inside is hot,.about 10 minutes.
- remove from oven and serve!
- was perfect for a side dish or a meal for those who don't eat meat.
If you find this Garlic Mushroom Stuffed Poblano Peppers (meatless) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.