Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Brad's shrimp and cod po' boy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Brad's shrimp and cod po' boy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Healthy and balanced Fast Food.
Just about every single article you read about improving your health or losing weight is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. There’s some worth to that. But at times the last thing you would like to do is make a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Once in a while you only want to pay a visit to the drive through while you’re on your way home and finish the day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be tormented by guilt about slipping on your diet. This can be done because lots of the popular fast food spots are trying to make their menus healthy now. Here is how you can find appropriate food choices at the drive through.
Pick out a drive through with a restaurant that is known for catering to people with healthy palates. For example, Arby’s won’t provide hamburgers. As an alternative it is possible to choose from roast beef sandwiches, salads, wraps and other healthier items. Wendy’s, while no stranger to the hamburger, additionally includes a lot of other meal choices: large salads, large baked potatoes and other tasty items fill its menu. Most fast food restaurants will not stoop to the harmful lows seen at McDonalds.
Logic says that one of the best ways to stay healthy and balanced is to bypass the drive through and never eat fast food. Most of the time this is a good plan but if you make beneficial choices, there is not any reason you can’t visit your drive through once in a while. Every now and then, permitting someone else cook dinner is just what you need. There isn’t any reason to feel bad about going to the drive through when you make healthy decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to brad's shrimp and cod po' boy recipe. To cook brad's shrimp and cod po' boy you only need 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Brad's shrimp and cod po' boy:
- You need 1/2 lb cod fillets, cut into 1 inch wide strips
- Get Italian bread crumbs
- You need panko
- You need 1 egg, beaten
- You need 1/2 lb small uncooked shrimp
- Provide 1/2 tbs oil
- Take 1 tbs minced garlic
- Use 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- Get oil for frying
- Get 2 hoagie rolls
- Provide for the toppings
- Prepare tartar sauce
- Provide sliced havarti cheese
- Take sliced provalone cheese
- You need spring lettuce mix
- Get sliced sweet onion
- Take sliced tomato
- Get fresh cilantro
Steps to make Brad's shrimp and cod po' boy:
- Heat oil for frying in a LG fry pan. Heat 1/2 tbs oil in a small frying pan.
- Add shrimp, garlic, salt, and pepper to the small pan. Sauté for three minutes or until done.
- Place bread crumbs, panko, and beaten egg in separate bowls. When oil is heated, dip cod in bread crumbs, then egg then panko. Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 350. Slice hoagie rolls. Add cheese on them. Place shrimp on top of cheese. Bake rolls in oven until cheese melts.
- Remove to a plate. Add tartar sauce, lettuce, tomato, and onion. Top with fish fillets. Garnish with cilantro. Serve and enjoy.
If you find this Brad's shrimp and cod po' boy recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.