Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you're looking for Codfish Hash recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Codfish Hash recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Codfish Hash recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single article about weight loss and getting healthy informs readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague as well as to perform all of their own cooking. This is literally very true. From time to time, though, the last thing you want is to have to make meals from scratch. Once in a while you just want to check out the drive through while you are on your way home and finish the day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be tormented by remorse about slipping on your diet. This can be done because an abundance of the popular fast food destinations are attempting to make their menus healthier now. Here’s how it’s possible to eat healthfully while you are at a fast food place.
Pick water, juice or milk as a drink. When you drink a huge soft drink you are putting too much empty calories to your day. One serving of pop is eight ounces. That serving typically is made up of a minimum of a hundred calories and more than a few tablespoons of sugar. A fast food soft drink is frequently a minimum of twenty ounces. Thirty ounces, however, is considerably more common. Choosing a soda pop as your beverage increases your calorie absorption by thousands and adds way too much sugar to your diet. Milk, fruit juices as well as plain water are much healthier selections.
Basic reason states that the simplest way to lose fat and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet altogether. While, in most cases, this is a good strategy, if you make smart choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Occasionally, allowing someone else cook dinner is just what you need. There isn’t any reason to feel guilty about going to the drive through when you make healthful decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to codfish hash recipe. You can cook codfish hash using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Codfish Hash:
- Get 1 bag cod OR catfish, thawed
- You need 10 red or Idaho potatoes, rinsed, sliced
- Use Diced onions
- Use Seasonings of choice, I used onion powder, salt & pepper
- Provide Bacon drippings OR olive oil
Instructions to make Codfish Hash:
- Spray a 13×9 casserole dish with olive oil
- Place fish fillets into the dish, bake at 375 for 8-10 min OR til white & flaky, time varies per instructions on fish package. This took 20 minutes.
- Now your fish should look like this…
- Slice rinsed red potatoes
- In a large skillet, add a bit of bacon grease, I use olive oil. Add potatoes & onions midway through. Now cover them up with a lid.
- Cook on low, simmer style, you certainly wouldn't want to burn this. By the way, I'm using a gas stove. Yes much different than electric stove method on how it cooks.
- Keep cooking til potatoes are tender…fried taters. Hoooo weee!
- Break them taters down & add that fish, check for fine bones if it's catfish. Break that down too using a spatula. Cook a bit longer. It's gotta look something like this…BAM!.. fish hash.
- Serve hot, topped with malt vinegar OR hot sauce, have some homemade pickles on the side. it's the only way to eat it. Have a nice set of pumpkin bars to serve up for after LOL. Have a great night! ;)
- Homemade pickles
If you find this Codfish Hash recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.