Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Fish Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fish Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Exactly Why Are Apples So Good For Your Health.
On TV plus in magazines absolutely everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, having said that, have you ever asked yourself why? Many people have lived with this viewpoint for many years, and they in addition pass this on to their children. This specific thought can be observed in country’s all around the world and people follow it as gospel with out ever learning why they should eat an apple a day. You will be happy to know that we have done a little research, and we are going to explain to you why this is regarded as a miracle fruit.
While everybody knows that taking in plenty of fruits and vegetables is a great way to make sure your body gets all the nutrition it needs, how come apples pushed so much? Well lets have a look at the vitamins and minerals which you can acquire in just one apple. Apples consist of, manganese, phosphorus and calcium and all tend to be great for your health, but there also are many more healthy minerals in apples. And you will even discover vitamins in your apples like, vitamin A, B1, B2, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, B6, C, E, K and other trace vitamins.
I am hoping I have revealed some information that defined why apples are so good. Something you should realize is that we only mentioned a handful of the benefits of eating apples. You’ll be able to find many more benefits for your health in relation to apples. I hope that the next time you go to the supermarket you end up getting plenty of apples. It can really help your health and wellbeing for short term and for the long haul.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to fish pie recipe. To cook fish pie you only need 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Fish Pie:
- Take 8 Large Potatoes
- Use 1 small onion, chopped
- Take 1 head Broccoli
- Use 1 head Cauliflower
- Get 2 fillets Salmon
- You need 2 fillets Fresh Cod
- Get 2 fillets Smoked Haddock
- Prepare 600 ml Milk
- Use 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- Take Lagos Chilli Powder (Optional)
- Get 50 grams Salted Butter
- Prepare 150 grams Grated Cheese
- Provide 1 pinch Salt
- Use 1 pinch White Pepper
- Prepare 5 oz water
Instructions to make Fish Pie:
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower to lightly salted water and boil until slightly cooked, remove vegetables and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Fan 180 C / Gas mark 5. Place the chopped fish in an oven-proof dish and cover with the milk. Add broccoli, cauliflower, a pinch of white pepper, chilli powder and salt. Bake in the oven uncovered for 15 minutes or until the fish is almost cooked through
- Peel and chop the potatoes, and boil with a pinch of salt until soft
- When the fish is done, drain the milk into a jug and put aside. Stir & flake the fish with a fork and leave in the dish.
- Once potatoes are done, drain, then add 30g of the butter and a splash of the reserved milk and mash.
- In another saucepan melt the remaining 20g of butter on a medium heat and slowly add the flour stirring constantly until you get a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining milk a little bit at a time, stirring constantly, until you get a sauce-like consistency. Cook for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the sauce to the flaked fish and mix well. Top with the mashed potato and spread evenly. Sprinkle the grated cheese evenly over the potato topping
- Place back in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and slightly golden brown.
- Served with any remaining vegetables, or freshly steamed sweetcorn
If you find this Fish Pie recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.