Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Roasted Cod & Potatoes in Olive Oil recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roasted Cod & Potatoes in Olive Oil recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthy Fast Food.
Just about every single article you read about bettering your health or weight loss is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. There’s some value to that. Now and then, though, you absolutely do not need to make an entire meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes just about all you want is to go to the drive through and get home as quickly as possible. There is no reason that you shouldn’t be able to do this once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This may be possible because an abundance of the popular fast food places are trying to make their menus better now. Here is the way to find appropriate food choices at the drive through.
Focus on the sides. It has not been that long ago that all you could get at the fast food diner was French Fries. Today almost all of the most popular fast food franchises have enhanced their choices. Now plenty of them offer salads. You might get chili. You can get baked potatoes. You can get fruit. There are a lot of selections that you can choose that do not force you to eat foods that have been deep fried. When deciding on your supper from the drive through, choose a variety of side items instead of choosing a pre-made “meal deal”. You’ll keep your calorie and fatty food count low and save yourself time and effort.
Fundamental reason states that the proper way to lose weight and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet completely. While this is usually a good suggestion all you need to do is make a few good selections and going to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Once in a while, allowing someone else cook dinner is just what you need. When you select wholesome menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to roasted cod & potatoes in olive oil recipe. You can have roasted cod & potatoes in olive oil using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Roasted Cod & Potatoes in Olive Oil:
- Get 1 1/2 large large onion (sliced)
- Take 100 ml olive oil
- Take 1 pinch salt
- Get 1 pinch black pepper
- You need 1/2 tsp hot chilli powder
- Take 6 medium potatoes (peeled and sliced)
- Take 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- Prepare 2 fillets salted cod (about 600 grams)
Instructions to make Roasted Cod & Potatoes in Olive Oil:
- Soak the salted cod in water 24 hours before cooking. changing the water 2 or 3 times.
- Remove the cod fillets from the water and drain then dab with some kitchen towels.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- In an oven proof dish add a dash of olive oil and place it in the oven until pipping hot.
- In a frying pan heat the oilve oil on a medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, salt, chilli and black pepper. fry until lightly browned.
- Place the cod fillets on the pre-heated tray, skin facing upwards.
- Add the onion to the tray, making sure you coat the fillets with the onion and oil.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, the skin should be nicely brown when its cooked.
- Stir every so often so it doesn't stick to the tray.
- While that is baking, fry the sliced potatoes in a deep fat fryer.
- Add the potatoes to the tray, and bake for a further 10 minutes.
If you find this Roasted Cod & Potatoes in Olive Oil recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.