Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Oven-baked Potato Chips recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Oven-baked Potato Chips recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Oven-baked Potato Chips recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” document you go through will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is certainly good advice. But at times the last thing you wish to do is make a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Sometimes almost all you want is to go to the drive through and get home quickly. Why shouldn’t you be able to do this every now and then and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet regime? This is because many of the famous fast food restaurants out there are trying to “healthy up” their selections. Here’s how it’s possible to eat healthfully while you are at a fast food spot.
Choose a drive through for a restaurant that’s known for catering to people with healthy palates. For example, Arby’s doesn’t serve hamburgers. Alternatively you can choose from roast beef sandwiches, salads, wraps and other healthier items. Wendy’s, although no stranger to the hamburger, also includes an abundance of additional meal choices: large salads, large baked potatoes and other tasty items fill its menu. Most fast food eating places do not stoop to the poor lows seen at McDonalds.
Basic logic states that the proper way to lose fat and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet entirely. While, for the most part, this is a good plan, if you make smart choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Often what you need most is just to have another person do the cooking. If you ultimately choose healthy products, the remorse usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to oven-baked potato chips recipe. You can cook oven-baked potato chips using 3 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Oven-baked Potato Chips:
- You need 3 medium potatoes or sweet potatoes
- You need 1/4 cup oil
- Get 2 tbsp seasoning salt (or lemon pepper)
Instructions to make Oven-baked Potato Chips:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Thinly slice the potatoes (the thinner the better) and place in a sealable container or bag. Set aside.
- With a fork or whisk, mix together the oil and your desired spice (I prefer seasoning salt or lemon pepper). Note: If using sweet potatoes, spices are optional.
- Pour over the potatoes, stirring continually to prevent the spices from settling in the oil.
- Seal your container/bag of choice and shake until potatoes are thoroughly coated.
- Dump onto baking sheets. Aim for minimal overlap of chips. 2 large baking sheets needed. (Note: Line the baking sheets with parchment paper to aid in clean-up afterwards.)
- Place as close to the bottom element as possible (lower rack) and back at 400°F for 10-13 minutes.
- Remove and flip then return to the oven for another 10-13 minutes until lightly browned and crispy.
- Alternatively set oven to broil and place as close to the top element as possible (instead of flipping the chips). Monitor closely until lightly browned and crispy (about 5 minutes. Will depend on thickness of potatoes).
- Remove from tray and serve with desired salads and meat. (Great to spruce up a hot dog or hamburger lunch).
If you find this Oven-baked Potato Chips recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.