Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, katsu curry rice (カツカーレライス). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Katsu Curry Rice (カツカーレライス) is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Katsu Curry Rice (カツカーレライス) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook katsu curry rice (カツカーレライス) using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Katsu Curry Rice (カツカーレライス):
- Get Roux
- Get 3 tbsp butter or vegetable shortening
- Get 4 tbsp flour
- Get 2 tbsp curry powder
- Take 1 tbsp garam masala
- Make ready Curry
- Make ready 1 onion, sliced thin
- Make ready 2 cloves garlic
- Take 1 thumb ginger, sliced thin
- Make ready 1 tbsp curry powder
- Take 2 tbsp ketchup
- Prepare 4 cups chicken broth
- Take 1 carrot, cubed
- Prepare 1 medium potato, cubed
- Get 2 bay leaves
- Make ready 1 cinnamon stick
- Prepare 1/4 tsp whole cloves
- Take 1/4 apple, grated
- Prepare 4 pcs tonkatsu (breaded pork or chicken cutlets) fried
Instructions to make Katsu Curry Rice (カツカーレライス):
- Melt butter/shortening in a pan on low heat. Mix flour until well blended. Rise heat to medium low and mix until flour browns a little. Be careful not to burn it!
- Add curry powder and garam masala, mixing well. Transfer to a bowl. If not using immediately can be stored for up to a month refrigerated.
- With 2 tbsp oil, sauté the onions under low heat. Let the onions caramelise, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Rise heat to medium low and add garlic, ginger, ketchup, and curry powder. Stir well.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and broth. Bring heat up to medium. Add cloves, cinnamon stick, and bay leaves. Let boil, and then bring heat back down to low, and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add curry roux made in steps 1–2. Stir well and bring heat up to medium. Let boil, and then lower heat to low, and stir until it thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Add grated apple and stir well.
- Fry tonkatsu pieces and chop. Arrange on a plate with rice and pour curry on top. Serve hot.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food katsu curry rice (カツカーレライス) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!