Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, tuna katsu(cutlet) curry. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Tuna Katsu(cutlet) Curry is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Tuna Katsu(cutlet) Curry is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Katsu Curry (カツカレー) is a combination of Japanese Curry and a panko-breaded cutlet. It is the ultimate comfort dish when you have a craving for a big meal. When I make curry at home, Mr. JOC always prefers adding katsu on top.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook tuna katsu(cutlet) curry using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Tuna Katsu(cutlet) Curry:
- Make ready (For Tuna Tatsu)
- Get 1/2 lb Tuna in block
- Get Wheat flour
- Prepare Beaten egg
- Get Bread crumple
- Take Solt, Pepper
- Prepare (For Curry)
- Make ready 1/2 Onion, sliced
- Get 1 Medium size Potato, diced into 3cm cubes
- Prepare 1/2 Carrot, diced into 2cm cubes
- Prepare 1 Eggplant, round sliced (if you like. not mandatory)
- Prepare 1 tbsp Curry powder
- Get 1/2 tbsp Garam Masala
- Make ready 1/2 cup Red wine
- Take 1/2 cup Canned tomato, crushed
- Make ready 2 cup Chicken stock
- Prepare 1 cube Japanese curry sauce mix (in cube)
- Take Salt
Katsu curry is a variation of Japanese curry with a chicken cutlet on top. Adding chicken cutlet brings the Japanese curry up to the next level. Katsu curries served at restaurants often do not have anything in the sauce. Katsu Curry - Great Pre-made Dish.
Steps to make Tuna Katsu(cutlet) Curry:
- Firstly make a curry. - In a pot, with a trace of oil, sauté the vegetables other than eggplants till the onions turned brown. Add curry powder, red wine, canned tomato and chicken stock, then simmer. When carrots and potatoes are harf-done, add eggplants.
- All the vegetables are done, turn the heat off and add curry sauce mix and dissolve. Add garam masala and gently heat again. Season with salt if necessary.
- Then make a Katsu. - Season the tuna with salt and pepper. Thinly coat with flour, then dip in the beaten egg. Cover with bread crumble. - Shallow-fry at 180°c till coloured golden. Cook time dependes on the thickness of the fish, but approx. 30 sec for each side. Let's cook rare to medium rare.
- TTip : You should rest the katsu for a minute on the wire net or kitchen paper to release extra oil.
- Serve with steamed rice like top photo. Decorate with cherry tomato and parsley.
Katsu curries served at restaurants often do not have anything in the sauce. Katsu Curry - Great Pre-made Dish. Add the curry paste, then stir until dissolved. To serve, place the pork cutlet slices over the rice, then pour a generous serving of curry on half of the pork. Katsu curry is just a variation of Japanese curry with a Chicken Cutlet on top.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food tuna katsu(cutlet) curry recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!