Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, japanese katsu curry - chicken, pork & shrimp. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
This is a savory Japanese curry recipe that is a staple in every Japanese home. It has been a personal favorite of mine so I. Katsu curry is a variation of Japanese curry with a chicken cutlet on top. See my post Tonkatsu (Japanese Pork Schnitzel) for the recipe.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook japanese katsu curry - chicken, pork & shrimp using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp:
- Get KATSU FRY:
- Prepare 1 piece Chicken Breast
- Prepare 7 pieces Shrimp
- Take 2 pieces Pork Cutlet
- Get 1-2 pieces Egg
- Take 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- Take 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- Make ready 2 cups Oil
- Take Iodized Salt
- Get Ground Black Pepper
- Take CURRY SAUCE:
- Make ready 2 tbsp Oil
- Get 1 bulb Garlic
- Prepare 2 pieces White Onion
- Make ready 2 pieces Carrot
- Get 2 pieces Potato
- Prepare 1 piece Red Bell Pepper
- Prepare 1 liter Water
- Get 4 cubes Curry Roux
- Get 3 tbsps Honey
- Make ready 3 tbsps Tomato Ketchup
- Take SIDES:
- Make ready 3 cups Rice
- Take 3 pieces Egg
- Prepare Fukujinzuke
Crispy, golden-brown, and juicy breaded and fried pork or chicken cutlets, Japanese-style. If you weren't familiar with Japanese cuisine, you might not think there was anything particularly Japanese about katsu, a simple dish of breaded and fried cutlets. Recently restaurant chain Wagamama launched an online tutorial to show us all how to make their famous katsu chicken curry recipe from home. Make Easy Japanese Instant Pot Katsu Curry (Pressure Cooker Katsu Curry) - Tonkatsu Pork Cutlets.
Instructions to make Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp:
- PREPARE THE VEGETABLES: Chop the garlic. Slice the onion. Cut the carrot and potatoes into cubes, about 1-inch thick. Cut the bell pepper into squares, about 3/4-inch. ©homebasedchef
- COOK THE CURRY SAUCE: Heat the pot over medium-high heat (160C). Add oil and sauté the garlic, followed by the onion. Add the carrots, potatoes and bell pepper and continue to stir for 5 minutes. Add 1L of water and boil for about 10 minutes. Lower down the heat (120C) and add in the curry roux. Mix very well to make sure that the curry roux are all diluted.
- Add in the honey and tomato ketchup and mix well. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure that the sauce doesn't stick on the bottom of the pot. The sauce will start to thicken. Turn the heat to low (70C) and continue cooking for 5-10 more minutes until the carrots and potatoes are cooked to your desired tenderness. You'll notice that the potatoes become smaller compared to its original cut size; the starch of the potato actually helps thicken the sauce.
- PREPARE THE MEATS FOR THE KATSU FRY: Make sure to wash the chicken, shrimp and pork with clean water and then drain them. - - To split the chicken breast in half: Place the boneless skinless chicken breast on a cutting board and hold it flat with your non-dominant hand. Then using a sharp knife, slice the chicken breast horizontally into two even pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- To butterfly the shrimp: Pull off the heads and legs then peel off the shell leaving the tails on. Gently run the knife at the shrimp's back and remove the digestive tract or vein by lifting it out or by using a paper towel. If the vein breaks, run water through it to clean. Then make shallow slits on the shrimp to flatten and spread it like butterfly wings. Season with salt and pepper.
- To tenderize the pork: Make sure you have removed the skin to avoid curling when frying. Use the mallet to break up the muscle fibers of the meat. Do this on both sides of the meat until the thickness is reduced to half. If you don't have a mallet, you can use: - a knife, a fork or your fist. Season with salt and pepper.
- BREAD THE MEAT: Prepare your breading assembly line. You need three bowls or containers - for all-purpose flour, beaten egg, and breadcrumbs. Cover the meat in flour and shake off the excess. Dip the meat in the egg. Cover the meat in breadcrumbs.
- COOK THE KATSU FRY: Heat frying oil in a pan. Make sure it is hot enough before you place your meat in it. To test, when you see the oil producing bubbles on the surface of the pan, drop a small piece of breadcrumb. If the oil reacts as desired, you can start frying. If the sample breadcrumb seems to absorb to oil, wait a bit til the oil is ready. Deep fry the meat until golden brown, make sure to flip on the other side for even cooking… chicken, shrimp and pork are pretty fast to cook.
- SERVE TO YOUR FAMILY: Curry is best served with steamed rice! Grab a plate, scoop a cup of steamed rice and spread it on the left part of the plate. Scoop a portion of the curry sauce, make sure to include potatoes, carrots and bell pepper and place it on the right part of the plate overlapping some of the rice. Place your preferred katsu meat on top of the curry sauce. And for the sides, you can add soft-boiled egg and fukujinzuke or pickled daikon radish. YUM!
Recently restaurant chain Wagamama launched an online tutorial to show us all how to make their famous katsu chicken curry recipe from home. Make Easy Japanese Instant Pot Katsu Curry (Pressure Cooker Katsu Curry) - Tonkatsu Pork Cutlets. Crispy, tender chops with sweet Japanese Buying pork chops: Try to choose pork loin chops with some marbling of fat. We love to use bone-in pork chops because the bone serves as an. What better way is there to unwind after a long day than with a flavoursome Japanese katsu curry?
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food japanese katsu curry - chicken, pork & shrimp recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!