Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, jamaican curry chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Jamaican Curry Chicken is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Jamaican Curry Chicken is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Jamaican curry chicken simmered with potatoes, scallions, and ginger is a Carribean version of curry chicken the family will love. Serve with white rice or roti. This video will show you the jamaican technique of making curry chicken. Traditionally, other islands with heavy Indian influence tend to toast or burn.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have jamaican curry chicken using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Jamaican Curry Chicken:
- Make ready 3-4 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (Cut Bite Size)
- Make ready 1 Large Yellow Onion (Roughly Chopped)
- Get 1 Bunch Green Onions (Roughly Chopped)
- Make ready 1 1"- 2" Piece of Fresh Ginger (Peeled & Roughly Chopped)
- Take 4-5 Cloves Garlic (Roughly Chopped)
- Make ready 1-2 Scotch Bonnet Peppers (Habanero Peppers Can Be Subbed)
- Get 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro
- Get 6-8 Sprigs Fresh Thyme (Pulled Off Stems)
- Make ready 1/2 Cup Jamaican Curry Powder
- Make ready 1 lb. Gold Potatoes (Cut into 2" Cubes)
- Make ready 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- Prepare 1/4 Cup Olive or Veg Oil
- Make ready 1 tsp. Salt Divided (Or to Taste)
- Make ready 1 tsp. Black Pepper (Or to Taste)
I can eat curry chicken for the rest of my life and be just alright! I love curry, but I would be lying if I said there isn't a soft spot in my heart for Jamaican curry. Curry chicken was first introduced to Jamaica by Indian immigrants who brought many different spices and even fruits to Jamaica. This has been a staple of almost every Jamaican home for centuries.
Steps to make Jamaican Curry Chicken:
- Add Onion, Green Onions, Ginger, Garlic, 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper, Thyme, Cilantro, & 1/2 of the Salt to a Food Processor. Pulse Until Well Combined.
- Pour Marinade in a Freezer Bag with the Cut Up Chicken Thighs. Seal and Refrigerate for 1 - 2 Hours. (Overnight is Best)
- In a High Walled Pot, Add Curry Powder, and Toast over Low Heat until Aromatic.
- Add Marinated Chicken to Pot and Mix Well with Curry. Add Rest of Salt, Black Pepper, and Gold Potatoes. Stir.
- Pour Chicken Broth over Chicken and Potatoes.
- Cover and Bring to a Boil. Once Boiling, Turn Down to a Low Simmer. Cook for 25 Minutes.
- Uncover, and Add the Other Chopped Scotch Bonnet or Habanero Pepper if using one. Skip This Step if You Don't Like it Too Spicy.
- Cook Uncovered for Another 30 Minutes or Until the Chicken is Tender and the Sauce is Thickened to Your Liking.
- Serve Alone or With Rice. (I like Jasmine Rice)
Curry chicken was first introduced to Jamaica by Indian immigrants who brought many different spices and even fruits to Jamaica. This has been a staple of almost every Jamaican home for centuries. This Jamaican chicken curry recipe will hit the spot if you are looking for strong and assertive flavors! Prepare the Jamaican curry chicken by seasoning and sauteeing the chicken and vegetables. Instead of simmering the curry on the stove, transfer the curry to a slow cooker.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food jamaican curry chicken recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!