Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, dudhi / lauki kofta curry. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
In this Lauki Kofta Curry recipe, deep-fried koftas (round shaped deep fried spicy dumplings) made of grated bottle gourd, gram flour, rice flour and ginger-garlic paste are cooked in spicy gravy of tomato and cashew nuts. This step by step photo recipe explains the entire process of how to make lauki. Learn how to make Restaurant Style Lauki Curry at home with Chef Ruchi Bharani on Rajshri Food. Lauki is one such vegetable that not many people are fond of.
DUDHI / LAUKI KOFTA CURRY is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. DUDHI / LAUKI KOFTA CURRY is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook dudhi / lauki kofta curry using 33 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make DUDHI / LAUKI KOFTA CURRY:
- Prepare For Kofta -
- Take 200 gram grated lauki
- Take 1 teaspoon salt
- Take 1/2 teaspoon carom seeds
- Take 1/4 teaspoon Hing
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Get 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon green chilli paste
- Take 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- Prepare 1 tbsp curd
- Take 1/2 cup besan
- Get 1/4 teaspoon soda bicarb
- Get 1/2 tablespoon oil
- Make ready As needed Oil to shallow fry
- Make ready For curry -
- Make ready 3 tbsp oil
- Make ready 2 tbsp ghee
- Get 1 teaspoon cumin
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon hing
- Prepare 3 finely chopped onion
- Make ready 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- Get 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- Make ready 1 teaspoon green chilli paste
- Make ready 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Prepare 1 tbsp coriander powder
- Make ready 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp Garam masala
- Take 2 finely chopped tomatoes
- Get 1/3 cup curd
- Prepare 1 teaspoon sugar
- Make ready to taste Salt
- Prepare 2 tbsp coriander leaves
Here is a healthy, delicious and tasty Lauki Kofta Curry which you will absolutely love. These kofta are not deep fried but pan fried in a kuzhi paniyaram pan and has a lip Once done, keep the lauki kofta balls aside and we will use them only when we are ready to serve. For the kofta curry, add the cut. Lauki Kofta curry is very popular curry recipe from Hyderabad.
Instructions to make DUDHI / LAUKI KOFTA CURRY:
- Grate lauki, add salt and keep it aside for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, squeeze it nicely and take out all the water. Keep this water aside which can be added to the gravy later on.
- Now to the grated lauki mix all the ingredients for kofta. If the mixture is a bit wet, use spoon to make kofta but do not add any extra besan as it will make the koftas bit hard.
- Heat oil on medium flame. Fry all the koftas on medium heat until golden brown. Take out all the koftas on a kitchen towel and keep aside.
- To make curry, heat oil and ghee in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let it Brown. Now add hing. Add ginger garlic and chilli paste and cook it for a minute. Now add finely chopped onions and cook until light brown in colour. Add all the dry spices to it and mix well. Now add chopped tomatoes to it and cook until oil separates.
- Beat the curd lightly and add it to the gravy. Mix it quickly so that it does not separate.
- Now add 3 cups of water to the gravy. Gravy should be thin as kofta will absorb lots of water. Now cook it for 10 more minutes. Now add sugar and coriander leaves to it and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Keep gravy and kofta separate. At the time of serving, heat the gravy and add koftas to it and heat for 2 more minutes.
- Serve hot lauki kofta curry with paratha.
For the kofta curry, add the cut. Lauki Kofta curry is very popular curry recipe from Hyderabad. For those who does not know, Lauki Kofta = deep fried balls made Lauki kofta recipe - kofta made from bottle gourd (lauki) and besan, then deep fried in the oil. These koftas are simmered in creamy, flavorful onion-tomato-yogurt gravy. lauki kofta or bottle gourd kofta curry video recipe: Trending featured recipes. finally, garnish with coriander and serve lauki kofta curry with roti. Doodhi Kofta Curry is a side dish where Bottle Gourd balls are deep fried and cooked in a gravy.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food dudhi / lauki kofta curry recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!