Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, red lentil curry (daal). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Red Lentil Curry (daal) is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Red Lentil Curry (daal) is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have red lentil curry (daal) using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Red Lentil Curry (daal):
- Get 1 pot :
- Prepare 5 cup 5-6 cup of water in a pot
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup Red lentils (washed)
- Take 4 small 4-5 small curry leaves (food flavour and smell)
- Make ready 1 tsp Garlic paste
- Prepare 1 tsp Ginger paste
- Prepare Spices
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Chilli/ cayenne powder (for heat)
- Get 1 Whole chicken bouillon cube
- Get 1 tsp All spice powder (garam masala)
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- Prepare 1 Salt
- Make ready Separate pan
- Get 1 medium Onion
- Take 3 Curry leaves
- Get 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- Make ready 3 tbsp Olive or canola oil
- Get 1 Chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves to garnish
Instructions to make Red Lentil Curry (daal):
- In a pot, boil water and add in the washed red lentils when water starts boiling along with the curry leaves.
- Cover halfway and cook at medium until lentils are tender and they turn yellow Estimated time would be from within 15-20 minutes
- Add the garlic and ginger (mix well)
- Add in the spices and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes
- On a separate pan: add in the olive oil/ or your choice of oil and wait till it warms up
- Add in the cumin seeds and the curry leaves and fry for 25 seconds
- Add in the sliced onions and fry until brown (not burnt)
- In the pot: add in the fried onions and mix well. Turn heat up high and stir occasionally (make sure nothing sticks) for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes bring the heat back to low (3) and cook for another 5 minutes until the curry thickens
- Serve with basmati/white/brown rice or roti (flat bread)
- Garnish it with cilantro when on the plate
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food red lentil curry (daal) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!