Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, traditional home made chicken curry. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Join us If interest sponsors can call participate along with Us.!! A traditional North Indian (Punjabi) curry dish. An aromatic and spicy combination of chicken pieces and potatoes cooked in a tomato based stew. This is a great curry that you can easily adjust the "heat" to your own preference.
Traditional home made chicken curry is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Traditional home made chicken curry is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook traditional home made chicken curry using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Traditional home made chicken curry:
- Take 750 gm boneless chicken
- Make ready 2 cup finely chopped onion
- Get 2 tb spn ginger garlic paste
- Take 1 chopped tomato
- Take 1/2 cup whipped yogurt(no lumps should be there)
- Get Cooking oil
- Prepare 3 tb spn desi ghee
- Prepare Spices: 1 bay leaf, 1 black cardamom, 1" cinnamon
- Make ready 1/2 tb spn turmeric powder
- Take 1 tb spn red chilli powder
- Make ready 1 tb spn coriander powder
- Get to taste Salt according
- Take 4 tb spn chicken masala
- Make ready 1/2 tb spn garam masala
- Get 1 cup chopped coriander leaves
Cooking curry requires grounding various herbs and spices with a mortar and While this is not practical in the modern home kitchen, use the excellent quality store-bought curry powder is the next best option. This is the chicken curry which we make on most of the occasion, when there is parties, functions or regular weekends. It is so basic, the spice which we add is store bought chicken masala powder. If you cannot find that add a mixture of chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam.
Instructions to make Traditional home made chicken curry:
- In a pan took some oil. In hot oil add bay leaf, cradamom, cinnamon. add the chicken and fry it until water goes off from it. (Med heat)
- Take out the chicken in a bowl or plate.
- Add some more oil in the pan and heat it. Add chopped onion and fry it well. When it turns into golden in color add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder & 2 tb spn salt (as pr the taste) and cook it for 5 mins. (med heat)
- Add fried chicken & desi ghee and mix it well. Cook it for 5 mins. (Med heat)
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook it for 2 mins. Now add chopped tomato and cook it for 5 more mins. (Med heat)
- Add yogurt and mix it well and cook it for 10 mins.
- Add 1/2 cup water and add chicken masala, garam masala and 1/2 tb spn salt and mix it. Cook it for 10 mins.(med heat)
- Now switch off the gas. Add chopped coriander leaves.
- Chicken curry is ready to eat.
It is so basic, the spice which we add is store bought chicken masala powder. If you cannot find that add a mixture of chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam. Pepper Chicken Curry - Spicy Madras Style Pepper Chicken Curry made with freshly ground black pepper and spices, usually served as an accompaniment for parotta, pulao, ghee rice or nei soru. Traditional versions make the curry from scratch using garam masala, cumin, paprika, and coriander. I like coconut milk in my chicken curry.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food traditional home made chicken curry recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!