Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, spicy potato curry with carrots and peas. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Potato curry with peas and carrots is a great recipe to make when you want to use items you already have in your pantry. Find out more about this I made up this potato curry with peas and carrots recipe after receiving the Curry Lover's Gift Box in the mail just after Christmas, and then posted it on. Potatoes, peas and carrots are cooked with Indian spices for an easy yet exotic side dish. This is a slightly spicy Indian side dish my family loves.
Spicy Potato Curry with Carrots and Peas is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Spicy Potato Curry with Carrots and Peas is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook spicy potato curry with carrots and peas using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy Potato Curry with Carrots and Peas:
- Make ready 200 g carrots, thinly sliced
- Take 8 medium potatoes, peeled and divided into small pieces
- Make ready 2 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Prepare 1 tbsp curry powder
- Get 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Take 1 large onions, thinly sliced
- Prepare 1 medium zucchini, grated
- Get 3/4 cups frozen peas
- Make ready salt and pepper
- Make ready 1 tsp turmeric
- Make ready 2 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare 1 cup milk
- Make ready 2 cup water
Give it all a good stir, and then add about a half cup each of water and coconut milk. Stir in the turmeric, salt, and coriander. Reduce the heat to low and cover it. Check every so often to stir the pot and check the moisture level.
Steps to make Spicy Potato Curry with Carrots and Peas:
- Do your mis en place perfectly
- In a large, heavy-bottomed sauce pan, heat the oil over medium heat then add the curry powder and stir it around for 30 seconds. Add the onions to the pan and saute until they are tender and a bit golden
- Add in your tomatoes and cook to a paste. When you’re there, add the grated zucchini, carrots, potatoes, and minced garlic. Give it all a good stir, and then add about a half cup each of water and milk.
- Stir in the turmeric, salt, and coriander. Reduce the heat to low and cover it. Check every so often to stir the pot and check the moisture level.
- When the moisture is almost all absorbed, add more milk and water, in equal parts. Continue to cook, stir, and add liquid until the vegetables are very tender and the curry is nice and thick. stir in the peas.
- When you’re there, stir in the peas and the rest of the milk plus the water and let simmer for another 5 minutes or so, until the peas are heated through and the curry thickens up again..
- Serve over steamed rice
Reduce the heat to low and cover it. Check every so often to stir the pot and check the moisture level. Chunky potatoes are cooked in aromatic spices along with chickpeas, carrots and green peas. This potato curry is made from scratch from simple curry spice blend found in your kitchen pantry, Vegan Potato Curry recipe is healthy, hearty and delicious, this recipe is suitable for large crowds, it's easy. These useful spices can be used to cook so many different meals!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food spicy potato curry with carrots and peas recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!