Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, 🌱 vegan pulled aubergine & chickpea coconut curry 🍛. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
🌱 Vegan Pulled Aubergine & Chickpea Coconut Curry 🍛 is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. 🌱 Vegan Pulled Aubergine & Chickpea Coconut Curry 🍛 is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook 🌱 vegan pulled aubergine & chickpea coconut curry 🍛 using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make 🌱 Vegan Pulled Aubergine & Chickpea Coconut Curry 🍛:
- Take 1.5 tablespoon sunflower oil
- Take 1 large whole aubergine
- Take 1 medium onion - finely diced
- Make ready 2 large garlic cloves - minced
- Get 1 red pepper - very small diced
- Get Tin chickpeas - drained
- Take 50 g creamed coconut block (chopped into small pieces.)
- Take 1.5 teaspoons garam masala
- Make ready 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Take 0.5 teaspoon madras curry powder
- Get 0.5 teaspoon mild chilli powder
- Prepare 1.5 teaspoons ground coriander powder
- Get 0.5 teaspoon sea salt
- Get Handful chopped fresh coriander
- Get Handful flaked almonds. (Optional for garnish)
- Get 1 (400 g) tin chopped tomatoes (+ the tin and a half full of water)
Steps to make 🌱 Vegan Pulled Aubergine & Chickpea Coconut Curry 🍛:
- Heat the oven to 200deg C place the whole aubergine on a roasting tray and coat with 0.5 tablespoon of the sunflower oil. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes until soft and set aside.
- Gently fry the onion and garlic on a low heat for 10 minutes til soft and translucent. (add a little water to simmer and stop them burning)
- Turn the hob to a medium heat. Add in the diced pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes. - Tip in the spices and fry for a minute or two until fragrant. (Don’t burn them)
- Tip in the tinned tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes. - Add the creamed coconut to the middle of the pan, melt it down & stir in. Pour in 1.5 tins (from the tomatoes) full of water.
- Heat til bubbling then add the chickpeas, cover and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the curry is simmering, split the aubergine in half and scoop out the flesh. Shred it with two forks and add into the curry for 2 minutes at the end.
- Now stir in the chopped coriander & sprinkle over the almonds. - I served with fluffy mushroom rice, flatbreads and crispy, roasted, spiced potatoes. - (Recipe for these will be in a separate post)
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food 🌱 vegan pulled aubergine & chickpea coconut curry 🍛 recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!