Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, malay chicken kuzi curry - kuzi ayam. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Malay Chicken Kuzi Curry - Kuzi Ayam is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Malay Chicken Kuzi Curry - Kuzi Ayam is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook malay chicken kuzi curry - kuzi ayam using 31 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Malay Chicken Kuzi Curry - Kuzi Ayam:
- Prepare 600 g Chicken Meat (cut into pieces)
- Take [Garlic Turmeric Paste] - ground well
- Make ready 40 g Garlic
- Get 30 g Ginger Root
- Make ready 20 g Turmeric Root
- Prepare [Caramelised Onions]
- Prepare 300 g Yellow Onions (finely sliced)
- Get 2 Tbsp Butter/Ghee
- Take 1 g Salt
- Get [Sauce]
- Make ready 50 g Red Onions (diced roughly)
- Take 50 g Shallots (sliced finely)
- Get 300 g Ripe Tomatoes (diced finely)
- Take 50 g Almonds (flaked)
- Take 50 g Raisins or Sultanas
- Make ready 3 pc Cardamom Pods
- Get 2 pc Star Anise
- Prepare 1 cup Evaporated Milk (like Ideal) or Cream
- Prepare 1 Tbsp Kuzi Spice Mix (see below)
- Get 1 Tbsp Honey (optional)
- Make ready as needed Ghee/Butter
- Make ready as needed Salt
- Prepare [Kuzi Spice Mix]
- Get 1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
- Prepare 2 tsp Cumin Powder
- Prepare 2 tsp Fennel Powder
- Make ready 1 tsp White Pepper Powder
- Take 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Take 1/2 tsp Ground Mace
Instructions to make Malay Chicken Kuzi Curry - Kuzi Ayam:
- MARINADE: marinate the Chicken with 1/2 the Garlic Turmeric Paste and 1/2 tsp Salt, for 30 minutes or more.
- ALMONDS & RAISINS: heat 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil on a low heat. Toast the Almonds until it's light brown, then remove and set aside. Next, fry the Raisins until they puffed up, remove and set aside.
- CARAMELISED ONIONS: heat 2 Tbsp of Ghee or Butter on a low heat. Add the Yellow Onions and Salt. Then Sauté the Onions until they brown all over. Remove, and let it cool. Once cooled, ground the Caramelised Onions into a paste.
- CHICKEN: heat 3-4 Tbsp of Cooking Oil on high heat. Fry the Chicken until brown all over. Remove and set aside.
- SAUCE: add 2 Tbsp of Ghee or Butter on medium heat. Fry the Cardamom Pods and Star Anise for a few seconds (until they pop). Fry the remaining Garlic Turmeric Paste until fragrant. Next, fry the Shallots and Red Onions until fragrant. Then add 1 Tbsp of Kuzi Spice Mix and mix well. Then, add the Tomatoes and 1 cup of Water. Mix well and bring it to a simmer. Cook until the Tomatoes are soft and disintegrating.
- ASSEMBLY: add the Caramelised Onions and mix well until they dissolve. Then add the Milk, the Chicken, the Raisins, Honey, Almonds and mix well. Serve with Rice or Bread.
- This is a dark Kuzi Curry, with extra Caramelised Onions and Chillies.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food malay chicken kuzi curry - kuzi ayam recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!