Identify each sentences whether the comparison is a metaphor or a simile.
Free printable examples of simile and metaphor worksheets. Simile metaphor personification worksheet awesome 13 best of personification printable worksheets this similes worksheet directs the student to label each sentence as a simile or metaphor. Also i recommend that you have your high achieving students translate each example into literal language as well. These metaphors worksheets are great for working with metaphors. Here is a collection of our printable worksheets for topic similes and metaphors of chapter vocabulary acquisition and use in section grammar. All worksheets are free for individual and non commercial use. Students will seek out a metaphor or simile in their reading consider the quote s context then explain what they thin. Reading writing. Download 101 56 kb similes and metaphors worksheet with answers.
Use these metaphors worksheets for the beginner and intermediate levels. Simile metaphor hyperbole personification in the following sentences and explain. Metaphor worksheets for 4th grade 5th grade middle school and high school. In an effort to provide you with as many resources as possible this is the section reserved for activities to help students learn all about similes. Some children just need a little extra practice before a concept is understood and mastered. Simile metaphor hyperbole or personification worksheet. Showing top 8 worksheets in the category similes and metaphors. Worksheet all about metaphors.
Some of the worksheets displayed are simile and metaphor student work similes you already know that similes and metaphors are figurative name similes similes or metaphors the speaker is comparing his mind to a name date simile and metaphor activity metaphor and similes in literature a challenge similes. Your young writer will learn what makes up a metaphor and then practice making a few of her own. Again students read each example circle whether it is a simile or metaphor and then explain which two things are being compared. Years later i realized that just because i enjoyed something doesn t guarantee that my children will feel the same way. Click on the images to view download or print them. Simile and metaphor worksheet 2 here s another 20 simile and metaphor examples to help students master this figurative language skill. There are now 23 simile worksheets in this section but you can expect more to be added soon. Your intermediate students will enjoy this activity for practicing similes and idioms.
A brief description of the worksheets is on each of the worksheet widgets. All the materials you need are included.
GRAB 5 FREE SHED PLANS NOW !
- Pros And Cons Of Saxon Phonics
- Pro Scooter Coloring Pages
- Progressive Phonics Beginner Book 2
- Proverbs Coloring Pages Bible Verses
- Program Manager Coloring Pages
- Probation Officers And Correctional Treatment Specialist Jobs Coloring Pages
- Pronoun Worksheets Preschool
- Professional Interior Designer Shares 24 Clever Home Improvement Ideas
- Prokaryotic Cell Worksheets Free Printable
- Protein Synthesis Worksheet Printable
- Program Director Jobs Coloring Pages
- Progression In Phonics Letters And Sounds
- Product Manager Coloring Pages
- Prophets Told About Jesus Coloring Page
- Project Floors And Design
- Producer And Consumer Worksheet 3rd Grade Free Printable
- Project Manager Coloring Pages
- Protoceratops Coloring Page
- Produce Coloring Pages
- Project Read Phonics Cards