Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Queso Taco Pasta Bake recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Queso Taco Pasta Bake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Queso Taco Pasta Bake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single “get healthy” and “weight loss” article you read will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. There’s some worth to that. Occasionally, though, the last thing you need is to have to cook an evening meal from scratch. Once in a while you only want to pay a visit to the drive through while you are on your way home and complete the day. Why shouldn’t you be able to do this from time to time and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet? You are capable of doing this because most of the popular joints are now marketing “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here’s how it’s possible to eat healthfully when you’re at a fast food spot.
Milk, juice as well as water would be the best choices for beverages. Choosing a huge soft drink as your beverage gives hundreds of harmful calories to your meal. A sole serving of soda is normally thought to be eight ounces. That portion usually is made up of a minimum of a hundred calories and more than a few tablespoons of sugar. A fast food soda is frequently a minimum of twenty ounces. It is usually at least 30 ounces. This shows that your drink alone will put a multitude of ounces of sugar into your body as well as several thousand empty calories. Milk, fruit juices and also plain water are much healthier options.
Standard logic tells us that one positive way to get healthy and shed pounds is to by pass the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While this is usually recommended all you need to do is make a number of good choices and visiting the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes what you need is to let someone else produce your dinner. There isn’t any reason to feel bad about visiting the drive through when you make healthy and balanced decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to queso taco pasta bake recipe. To cook queso taco pasta bake you only need 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Queso Taco Pasta Bake:
- You need 8 oz. pasta (I used Radiatore, but any small shape works)
- Use 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Provide 1/2 onion, diced
- Take 2 cloves garlic, minced
- You need 1/2 lb. ground beef
- Prepare 1 cup black beans (I used canned, drained and rinsed)
- Take 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- Take 1 tsp. cumin
- You need to taste salt and pepper
- You need pinch cayenne pepper
- Get 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Provide 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Provide 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Get 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese, divided (I use a mix of cheddars)
- Provide 1/2 cup salsa (I used mild, but medium or hot would be good)
- Provide chopped cilantro, for garnish
Instructions to make Queso Taco Pasta Bake:
- Fill a large pot with water and add 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Place on burner with the heat on high and bring to a boil. At the same time, heat the remaining tbsp. of olive oil in a large skillet.
- Once water reaches a boil, add your pasta and cook according to package directions, stirring occasionally. About the same time, add the onions to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally until translucent.
- Add the garlic to the skillet next and cook another minute or so, until fragrant. Then add the ground beef and cook until completely brown. Drain any excess grease, if needed.
- About this time, the pasta should be done. Drain the pasta and return to the pot, removed from the heat.
- Add the black beans and diced tomatoes to the skillet with the beef. Next stir in the seasonings. Remove from heat and scrape the meat and bean mix into the pot with the pasta. Stir lightly to mix.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an oven proof casserole dish and set aside.
- For the queso: In a medium saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat. Once melted, add the flour a little at a time, whisking constantly as you add it to form a roux. Once all flour is added, allow the roux to simmer for 1 minute, whisking constantly.
- Increase the heat to medium high and slowly begin to whisk in the broth, adding it slowly. Once all the broth is incorporated, allow to come to a simmer. Let simmer, whisking occasionally for 3-4 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese. Once it's all melted in, stir in the salsa.
- Stir the queso cheese sauce into the pot with the pasta and meat mix and stir to combine. Pour into the prepared casserole dish and top with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then set the oven to broil and broil for 3-5 minutes, until the cheese begins to turn golden and bubbly.
- Garnish with the chopped cilantro if desired. Refrigerate any leftovers.
If you find this Queso Taco Pasta Bake recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.