Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Instant Pot Shrimp curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Instant Pot Shrimp curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Healthy and balanced Fast Food.
Just about any article you read about bettering your health or slimming down is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is literally very true. But occasionally the last thing you want to do is prepare a whole supper for yourself and your family. Sometimes just about all you want is to go to the drive through and get home quickly. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be plagued by guilt about slipping on your diet. This can be done because lots of the popular fast food spots are attempting to make their menus healthy now. Here is the way to find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Focus on the sides. It wasn’t that long ago that all you could get in a fast food restaurant was French Fries. Today almost all of the most popular fast food franchises have increased their offerings. Now you can get several different salads. Chili is another selection. You may buy a baked potato. You can choose fruit. There are a lot of possibilities that don’t require eating anything deep fried. When you order your dinner through a drive through window, select side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. You’ll keep calorie and fatty food count lower and escape commitment.
Standard logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and lose weight is to skip the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, for the most part, this is a good idea, if you make sensible choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Once in a while, permitting someone else cook dinner is just the thing you need. When you want healthy menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to instant pot shrimp curry recipe. You can cook instant pot shrimp curry using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Instant Pot Shrimp curry:
- Get 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- Provide 12 oz pkt Raw medium-large shrimp(Peeled and deveined)
- Provide 1 Small onion sliced
- Get 1 Medium Tomato chopped
- Get 1 lemon sized tamarind soaked in 1/2 cup water (optional)
- You need 1 stem Curry leaves
- You need 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- Provide 1 tbsp. Black Mustard seeds
- Prepare 2 tbsp. Coconut cream
- You need 1 tsp Salt
- Prepare 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Use 2 tbsp. Kashmiri Red Chilly powder(bright color and less heat)
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp. Coriander powder
- You need 1/4 tsp Cumin powder
- You need 1/4 tsp Fenugreek powder
- Prepare 2 cups water
Steps to make Instant Pot Shrimp curry:
- Thaw and Clean the shrimp thoroughly and remove the tail.
- Keep the IP on sauté mode and once hot, add the oil followed by mustard seeds,curryleaves, fenugreek powder and ginger garlic paste. Stir well so that it doesnt burn or stick to the pot.
- Add onion slices and chopped tomatoes along with salt and turmeric.Sauté for 3-4 mins until the onions are translucent.
- Meanwhile prepare a thick paste of Red chilly powder,cumin powder and coriander powder with 2 tbsp water.(this will prevent burning of spices when directly added to the pot)
- Add the spice paste to the onion masala and stir well for a minute and add the tamarind piece along with few tbsp water so that nothing burns or sticks to the bottom of the inner pot.
- Once oil starts separating from the masala,add 2 cups water and close the IP with a glass lid.Let the curry continue simmering for 2 minutes on sauté mode.
- Now add the cleaned shrimp,stir well and close the Insant Pot. Set the pressure cook mode for 3 minutes.
- Once done,open the lid after 10 min natural steam release. Keep the IP on sauté mode again and stir the curry and add in the coconut cream.
- Let the gravy simmer for 3-4 mins and when it reaches the desired consistency, turn off the IP. Check the salt and transfer to serving dish/let it sit in the IP on 'keep warm' mode
- Serve the curry with Rice or Roti.
- TIP#You can substitute Kashmiri redchilly powder with Paprika too. You can get them at any Indian grocery stores.
- TIP# You can use this curry recipe for scallops or prawns too.
If you find this Instant Pot Shrimp curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.