Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you're looking for Orange Chicken - Instant Pot recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Orange Chicken - Instant Pot recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Orange Chicken - Instant Pot recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Just about any article you read about improving your health or losing weight is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is literally very true. Once in a while, though, you absolutely do not wish to make a whole meal for your family or even just for yourself. Once in a while you need to pay a visit to the drive through while you’re on your way home and finish the day. There is zero reason that you simply shouldn’t be able to do this once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This may be possible because an abundance of the popular fast food places making the effort to make their menus better now. Here is the way to eat healthy and balanced when you hit the drive through.
Concentrate on the sides. It has not been that long ago that all you could get at the fast food restaurant was French Fries. Now many of the fast food menus have been widened a great deal. Now you may get several different salads. You could get chili. You may buy a baked potato. You can make fruit. There are a lot of possibilities that you can choose that do not force you to eat foods that have been deep fried. When you get your dinner through a drive through window, choose side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. You’ll maintain your calorie and fatty food count very low and save yourself commitment.
Logic says that one the simplest way to stay balanced is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. Most of the time this is a good idea but if you make great choices, there is not any reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Sometimes the best thing is to let other people make your dinner. When you select healthy menu items, you do not have to feel terrible about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to orange chicken - instant pot recipe. To cook orange chicken - instant pot you need 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Orange Chicken - Instant Pot:
- Prepare 2 lbs chicken breast cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- Prepare 2 Tbsp oil
- Get 1/4 c orange juice
- Use 1/3 White or yellow onion chopped large
- Get sauce
- Use 3/4 c orange juice
- Prepare 1 tbps hot sauce or taco sauce
- Use 1 tbps white wine
- Take 1/3-1/2 c tomato sauce
- Take 1/4 c soy sauce
- Take 1 tbsp curry and ginger powder mixed as you see fit
- Use 1/4 c sugar
- Provide 1/4 c brown sugar
- Take Orange zest
- You need thickener
- Take 2-3 tbsp cornstarch
- Provide 2 Tbsp orange juice
- Get garnish
- Prepare 1/2 c cashews
- You need Green onion - chopped
- Prepare Orange zest
- Provide rice
- Prepare Make some white rice or brown rice or a rice packet
- Use Enough rice to be happy
Instructions to make Orange Chicken - Instant Pot:
- Dry chicken breasts with paper towels, make them dry. Don't skip this. Chop chicken into 1-2in chunks.
- Turn instant pot to saute on high (more). When it is at Hot, add the oil, chopped onion and chopped chicken. Stir constantly until chicken is just browned on all sides.
- Add the 1/4c orange juice and deglaze the pot with a wooden spoon. When done, cancel the instant pot.
- Add the sauce ingredients to sauteed chicken. Add everything under sauce section and stir until combined and over all chicken pieces.
- Manual pressure cook for 6 minutes. Natural release 10-12 minutes. While your waiting, make the thickener… Mix the cornstarch and orange juice until all clumps are gone. More cornstarch equals thicker sauce.
- Release the pressure and turn back on saute mode (low or normal now). Add the cashews from garnish section. Slowly mix in thickener slurry and stir while cooking for 2-3 minutes until sauce is thick.
- Turn off instant pot. Let sit for 5-7 minutes.
- Spoon over there rice and add green onion and zest as final garnish when serving. Enjoy it inside your face.
If you find this Orange Chicken - Instant Pot recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.