Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Healthy and balanced Fast Food.
Almost every single “get healthy” and “weight loss” document you read will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is really good guidance. From time to time, though, you totally do not wish to make an entire meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes almost all you really want is to go to the drive through and get home as soon as possible. There is simply no reason you shouldn’t be able to do this once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This is possible because lots of the popular fast food spots are attempting to make their menus healthy now. Here is how you can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Choose a drive through at a restaurant that’s known for catering to people with healthy palates. Arby’s for instance, is void of burgers. Instead, your selections consist of roast beef and chicken sandwiches, wraps and big salads. Wendy’s, not surprisingly, is known for its square burgers, even so the menu there has a bundle of healthy choices like salad, potatoes and chili. Most fast food eating places do not stoop to the unhealthy lows seen at McDonalds.
Basic reason states that the proper way to lose weight and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet completely. While, in most cases, this is a good plan, if you make sensible choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes the best thing is to let another person produce your dinner. If you ultimately choose healthy things, the remorse usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala style spicy chicken curry recipe. To cook kerala style spicy chicken curry you only need 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry:
- Use 2-3 lbs Free range organic whole chicken - skinless ,cut into medium size pieces
- Take Curry leaves few strands (or handful of leaves)
- Take 2 medium size purple onions - chopped into fine pieces
- Get 2 large tomatoes- cut into fine pieces
- Provide Extra virgin coconut oil required for cooking
- Take 3-4 green chillies chopped vertically
- Use 1 cup cilantro leaves - chopped
- Take 1 1/2-2 cups coconut milk (another option - take 1 cup of shredded coconut and grind it into fine paste in mixer and use)
- Use 1 tbsp ginger paste (around 2'' piece)
- Provide 1 tbsp garlic paste (around 4-5 nos)
- You need 2 tsp vinegar
- Get to taste salt
- Get For Masala :
- Prepare 5-8 Dried red chilli (add more or less depending on spice level)
- Provide 10 Black peppercorns
- Prepare 3-4 tbsp coriander seeds
- Use 3-4 cardamom pods
- Prepare 3-4 cloves
- Provide 2 bay leaves
- Take 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- Get 2 small sticks cinnamon (or 1/2 tsp if using powder)
- Use 2-3 strands curry leaves
- Use 4-5 pearl onions - peeled and chopped into two halves
- Take 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Steps to make Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry:
- In a pan pour 1 tbsp of coconut oil and wait till the oil becomes hot. Next, fry all the items mentioned under masala section till the nice aroma of masala comes. Turn off the heat and wait for the mixture to cool down before you grind it into a thick paste (add some water for grinding). Keep this masala paste aside
- In a cooking dish add few teaspoons of coconut oil required to fry the chopped onions. Wait till onion changes color. Then add salt as required.
- Next add ginger-garlic paste, green chillies and fry well. Into this add chopped tomato pieces, few curry leaves and sauté well
- Add vinegar and the previously prepared masala paste and continue to sauté well.
- Add chicken pieces into this. Cover the dish and cook for 5 minutes. Now ,add coconut milk/paste and mix well. Allow this to cook for 2 - 5 minutes or till the chicken is cooked. Add hot water if you need more gravy. Finally add chopped cilantro, curry leaves. Mix everything well and bring it to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and pour 1/2 tsp coconut oil on the top. Serve hot with rice, roti, puttu, dosa, etc .
If you find this Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.