Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Brown Rice Masala Dosa recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Brown Rice Masala Dosa recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Brown Rice Masala Dosa recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Very good For You.
Almost each and every “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you study will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. There’s some benefit to that. Sometimes, though, the last thing you need is to have to prepare an evening meal from scratch. Sometimes you just wish to go to the drive through en route to your home and call it a day. Why shouldn’t you be capable of do this every now and then and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet? This is because a lot of the popular fast food restaurants out there are trying to “healthy up” their selections. Here’s how it’s possible to eat healthfully when you are at a fast food restaurant.
Select water, juice or perhaps milk as a drink. Choosing a large soda as your beverage adds hundreds of unhealthy calories to your meal. Usually a single portion of soft drinks should be eight ounces big. Those eight ounces usually are at least 100 calories and about ten tablespoons of sugar. Most fast food soft drink sizes begin at twenty ounces. It is most often a minimum of 30 ounces. This means that your drink alone will put a large number of ounces of sugar into your body as well as several thousand empty calories. It is much healthier to select milk, juice and also normal water.
Logic says that one the simplest way to stay healthy and balanced is to sidestep the drive through and never eat fast food. Most of the time this is a good idea but if you make great choices, there is no reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Sometimes what you need is to let someone else create your dinner. If you choose healthy things, the shame usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to brown rice masala dosa recipe. To make brown rice masala dosa you need 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Brown Rice Masala Dosa:
- Take Ingredients for the Dosa
- Use 3 Cups Brown Rice
- Get 1 Cup Urad Dal (White)
- Provide 1 Teaspoon Methi/Fenugreek seeds
- Take To taste Salt
- Take As required Cooking Oil (I used Canola Oil)
- Use Ingredients for the Aloo Masala
- Provide 6 Medium Potatoes (Boiled peeled and broken roughly into small irregular pieces)
- Prepare 1 Medium Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon Ginger (Finely Chopped)
- Get 4 Green Chillies (Finely Chopped)
- Provide 1 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- Use 1 Teaspoon Sambar Powder
- Get To taste Salt
- Take 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Get 2 Sprigs Curry Leaves
Steps to make Brown Rice Masala Dosa:
- (A) To make the Dosas:
- Add the Rice to a large bowl. - Wash it thoroughly until the water runs clear. Add 6 cups of water. - Cover & leave to soak for about 5 hours.
- Add the Daal to a medium bowl along with the Methi seeds. - Wash it thoroughly until the water runs clear. Add 2 cups of water. - Cover & leave to soak for about 5 hours.
- Drain the water from the Rice & Daal. - - Grind the Daal to a smooth paste with about a cup of fresh water. (Use the same cup which was used for measuring the Daal & Rice).
- Transfer to a large bowl. (Big enough to hold the Daal & Rice together).
- Grind the Rice to a smooth paste with about 2 cups of fresh water. - Add it to the ground Daal. - Stir well. Cover. - Keep it in a warm place. - Let it ferment overnight or 8-10 hours. - - *During hot summers the batter may rise in just 4 to 5 hours & during winters it may take up to 16 hours or so. - If you have an Instant Pot, use the “Yoghurt ” mode to ferment.
- When ready to cook, check the consistency of the batter. It shouldn’t be too thick or too runny. Add more water if required. A medium consistency is perfect. Add salt. Stir well. - - *The best time to add salt to the batter is before fermentation in winters & after fermentation in summers. The salt aids in quick fermentation.
- Place a large nonstick Tawa/Griddle with handle on high heat. - Brush oil lightly all over the Tawa. - Reduce heat to medium. - Sprinkle a little water. - - When you hear a sizzling sound & see the droplets jump, your Tawa is ready for the Dosas.
- Pour two ladleful of the batter in the middle of the Tawa & quickly spread it out in a circular motion. Make it as big & thin as you can leaving a little room on the edges. - - Increase the heat to high. - Let it cook for a minute. - Now swirl a little oil on top & around the Dosa. - When the Dosa begins to leave the edges of the Tawa on it’s own, flip it with the help of a thin plastic or silicone spatula. - Reduce heat to medium. - Cook for a minute.
- Take a ladleful of the Aaloo Masala & place in the middle or one side of the Dosa. Fold or roll the Dosa. - Transfer it to a plate & serve hot. - - Serve immediately with Sambar & Chutney. - - Make all the Dosas in the same way.
- (B) To make the Aaloo Masala:
- Wash the Potatoes throughly under running water. - Pressure cook with 2 cups of water on high for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. - Let the pressure release automatically. - - Transfer to a colander. Run cold water to cool completely.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet/pan. - - Tip in the Mustard Seeds followed by the Onions, Ginger & Curry Leaves.
- Add the Potatoes, Green Chilies, Salt, Turmeric & Sambar Powder. - - Cook for about 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Crush a few Potatoes with the spatula. Stir well. Set aside.
- Use it as a stuffing for Dosas or enjoy with Roti/Parantha. - - Bon Appètit!
If you find this Brown Rice Masala Dosa recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.