Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Bengali Style Prawn Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bengali Style Prawn Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Very good For You.
Just about every article you read about bettering your health or weight loss is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is actually very true. But at times the last thing you wish to do is make a whole meal for yourself and your family. Once in a while you just want to pay a visit to the drive through while you’re on your way home and complete the day. Why shouldn’t you be able to do this every so often and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet? You are capable of doing this because lots of the popular joints are now marketing “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here’s how you’ll be able to eat healthfully while you are at a fast food place.
Pick water, juice or maybe milk as a beverage. Choosing a large soft drink as your beverage contributes hundreds of harmful calories to your meal. Usually an individual serving of soda pop is only eight ounces big. That portion normally includes at least a hundred calories and more than a few tablespoons of sugar. Most fast food soda sizes begin at twenty ounces. It is frequently a minimum of 30 ounces. This means that just purchasing a soft drink will add cupfulls of sugar and thousands of empty calories to your diet regime. Water, fruit juice and also milk, conversely, are much better choices.
Basic reason states that the simplest way to lose fat and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet altogether. While, in most cases, this is a good idea, if you make intelligent choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Occasionally, letting someone else cook dinner is just what you require. There isn’t any reason to feel bad about visiting the drive through when you make healthful decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to bengali style prawn curry recipe. To cook bengali style prawn curry you need 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Bengali Style Prawn Curry:
- Get 6 tiger prawns
- Provide 3 potatoes cut into two halves
- Take 1 medium sized onion chopped
- Prepare 1 medium sized onion paste
- Get 1 medium sized tomato puree
- Prepare 2 cloves
- Prepare 2 green cardamom
- Prepare 1 inch cinnamon stick
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Take 1.5 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Prepare 2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- You need 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- Get 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- You need 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Get Salt as required
- Take Sugar as required
- Get 1/2 cup coriander leaves chopped
- Take Mustard oil as required
- Prepare 1 teaspoon ghee
Instructions to make Bengali Style Prawn Curry:
- Heat some oil in a wok, and add the potatoes, half teaspoon of turmeric and salt. Deep fry the potatoes till golden brown. Keep it aside.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder and salt with the prawns and fry them in the same wok. Don't overcook it else the prawns will become hard and chewy. Keep them aside.
- Add some more oil in the wok if required. Add the cloves, cardamom and cinnamon stick. Saute till the aroma comes out.
- Add the chopped onions and fry them till light brown in colour. Add the tomato puree, rest of the turmeric powder onion paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, cumin powder, red chilli powder and a pinch ofsalt. Saute it very well till the oil separates.
- Add the fried prawn and potatoes and mix it well altogether.
- Add some water for the gravy and bring it to boil. Add some salt for the gravy. Cover it with a lid.
- Simmer the flame to medium and keep it covered for 15minutes. Check whether the potatoes and prawn has become soft. If yes, add some sugar to balance the salt.
- Add the garam masala powder and ghee.
- Mix them well and also add the coriander leaves.
- Remove it from the flame and serve hot.
If you find this Bengali Style Prawn Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.