Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you're looking for Turmeric Chicken And Quinoa recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Turmeric Chicken And Quinoa recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Turmeric Chicken And Quinoa recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Fine For You.
Just about every article you read about improving your health or weight loss is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is actually very good advice. Once in a while, though, you totally do not want to make a whole meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes almost all you want is to go to the drive through and get home as quickly as possible. Why shouldn’t you be able to do this every now and then and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet? You are capable of doing this because lots of the popular joints are now advertising “healthy” menu selections to keep their businesses up. Here is how one can find appropriate food choices at the drive through.
Choose your drive through according to if it has more healthy options available. For instance, Arby’s won’t serve hamburgers. Instead, the selections include roast beef and chicken sandwiches, wraps and big salads. While Wendy’s has offered hamburgers for decades, in addition they have plenty of other healthy options like salads, baked potatoes and chili. Not many fast food spots are as unhealthy as McDonalds with its deep fried every thing.
Logic claims that one of the best ways to stay healthy and balanced is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. While, in most cases, this is a good idea, if you make intelligent choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes what you need is to let another person produce your dinner. If you decide on healthy items, the guilt usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to turmeric chicken and quinoa recipe. To make turmeric chicken and quinoa you need 15 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Turmeric Chicken And Quinoa:
- Get 2 lb Boneless skinless chicken or tempeh
- You need 1 tsp Salt
- Use 1/2 tsp Fresh ground black pepper
- Get 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- You need 1 tsp Ground turmeric
- Take 1 Onion, chopped
- Provide 1 tbsp Grated chopped peeled ginger
- Get 4 clove Garlic, minced
- Prepare 2 Plum tomatoes, chopped
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp Curry powder
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- Use 2 cup Quinoa, rinsed
- Take 2 Bay leaves
- Use 1 1/2 tbsp Asian Fish sauce
- Get 2 3/4 cup Chicken broth or vegetable broth
Instructions to make Turmeric Chicken And Quinoa:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a large Dutch Oven, heat the olive oil to medium and add turmeric. Stir and add chicken. Cook until browned on both sides. Transfer to a plate. Allow to cool and then shred.
- Add the onion and ginger and cook for 8 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes, curry powder, cumin and quinoa. Cook, string constantly for 3 minutes. Return the chicken to the pot. Add bay leaves, fish sauce and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over low heat for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes.
If you find this Turmeric Chicken And Quinoa recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.