Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect (Sweet) Potato - Aloo Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to (Sweet) Potato - Aloo Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Nutritious Fast Food.
Almost every single article about losing weight and getting healthy tells readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague as well as to do all of their own cooking. This is certainly good information. But at times the last thing you would like to do is make a whole supper for yourself and your family. Once in a while you just want to check out the drive through when you are on your way home and end the day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be authorized to do this and not be tormented by guilt about slipping on your diet. This is because most popular fast food restaurants out there are trying to “healthy up” their menus. Here is the way to find healthy food at the drive through.
Choose a drive through at a restaurant which is known for catering to people with healthy palates. Arby’s as an example, isn’t going to provide burgers. Instead you’ll be able to pick from roast beef sandwiches, salads, wraps and various healthier items. Wendy’s, of course, is known for its square burgers, but the menu there has lots of healthful choices like salad, potatoes and chili. Not many fast food locations are as unhealthy as McDonalds with its deep fried every little thing.
Logic says that one the simplest way to stay healthy and balanced is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. Most of the time this is a good idea but if you make beneficial choices, there is no reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Sometimes the thing you need is to let other people create your dinner. There isn’t any reason to feel terrible about going to the drive through when you make healthful decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to (sweet) potato - aloo curry recipe. You can have (sweet) potato - aloo curry using 19 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make (Sweet) Potato - Aloo Curry:
- Prepare 14 large sweet potatoes OR
- You need 8 kg potatoes
- You need 14-20 cloves garlic (minced ca.50-60g)
- Take 40 g fresh turmeric or 6tsp dried
- Get 7 medium onions (diced ca.965g)
- Use 6 tbsp coconut oil
- Provide 7 tsp =21g curry powder
- Use 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Prepare 7 tsp salt
- Take 1 tsp = cinnamon
- Use 1000 g =7c diced tomatoes
- Get 2 tbs date (or maple) syrup
- Use 2000 ml full-fat coconut milk
- You need 7 c=850g frozen peas
- Get If needed:
- Take More coconut milk or veg broth
- Get Decorate with:
- Use Cilantro
- Take Fresh julienne cut ginger
Steps to make (Sweet) Potato - Aloo Curry:
- Dice (peal if you prefer) potatoes
- Boil until 'al dente' - usually 10min if starting with salted boiling water
- While boiling the potatoes prepare :
- Mince garlic and turmeric finely or if mixer available use (in tmx speed 10 for 5sec)
- Chop onions finely (in tmx speed 5.5 for 5sec)
- Add coconut oil to pan and heat up OR if available into cooking mixer
- If preparing in pan / pot :
- Heat oil, fry onions till yellow translucent, then add garlic till fragrant
- Add turmeric
- Add spices
- Add tomatoes
- Cook till it becomes pastelike for about half an hour at medium high temperature
- If you're using the tmx: Varoma speed 1 set for 20-30 min
- Add ingredients like in pot method with tomatoes being last addition
- Now mix potatoes (or sweet potatoes) with the paste in large pot
- Add coconut milk
- 20min medium flame simmer with lid on
- Add peas and let sit covered for 5min, flame turned off
- Add date sirup and stir well
- Serve with chopped cilantro or thai basil on top
If you find this (Sweet) Potato - Aloo Curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.