Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Tomato Rasam / Thakalli Sathumadhu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tomato Rasam / Thakalli Sathumadhu recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Why Are Apples So Fantastic With Regard To Your Health.
Everybody has heard the words “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, however the question is, is this really a true statement. You might know people that live by this and also demand that their children live by this rule as well. This thought can be identified in country’s all around the world and men and women follow it as gospel with out ever learning why they should eat an apple a day. In this article we are going to be taking a look at apples to see if they really are a food that will help to keep you healthy.
More than likely you know that fruits and vegetables will give you many of the vitamins you need to have to stay healthy, and apples are commonly the item that most men and women have in their houses, but why? Well lets take a look at the vitamins and minerals which you can discover in just one apple. A number of the major minerals that you’ll come across in apples are potassium, calcium, phosphorus, manganese, iron, sodium, copper and zinc, and also other trace minerals. And you will even discover vitamins in your apples like, vitamin A, B1, B2, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, B6, C, E, K and various other trace vitamins.
And now you understand why men and women tell you that you need to eat an apple every day. In the following paragraphs we just dealt with a few of the benefits of eating an apple a day. All of the benefits would take us too much time to include in this article, but the information is out there. I am hoping that the next time you go to the food store you find yourself getting plenty of apples. These apples can certainly wind up helping you to live a longer and also healthier life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to tomato rasam / thakalli sathumadhu recipe. To cook tomato rasam / thakalli sathumadhu you only need 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Tomato Rasam / Thakalli Sathumadhu:
- Prepare 3 tomato Hybrid
- Use tamarind
- Take 700 ml water
- Provide salt
- Use 4 tbsps Rasam powder / Sathumadhu podi
- Take asafoetida componded small pelette
- Get curry leaves
- Take coriander leaves finely chopped
- Get toor dal cooked
- Use 1 tbsp ghee
- Take 1 tsp mustard seed
Instructions to make Tomato Rasam / Thakalli Sathumadhu:
- As mentioned above boil the tomatoes and tamarind together and cook the toor dal. You can do this according to your convenience. What my mother has taught me is to keep the tomatoes and tamarind on a plate and fill it with water which just about submerges the tomatoes and in a vessel put the toor dal, water and a pinch of turmeric. close this vessel with the plate of tomatoes and keep it inside the pressure cooker and cook it.
- Now take the cooked tomatoes and tamarind in a vessel with its stock and mash them with a masher, and filter this juice into the "eeya chombu" or any other vessel. If there is still pulp left in the tomatoes add another cup of water and mash them and filter it into the vessel. Tomato juice is filtered because the seeds in the tomatoes do not digest very easily, they tend to stick to the intestine. To avoid this the juice / extract is filtered.
- Keep the eeya chombu on medium heat, add salt, compounded asafoetida and curry leaves and allow it to boil until the raw smell of the tomatoes go. Keep stirring this.
- Once when this starts boiling add 4 tablespoons of rasam powder /sathumadhu podi.
- Allow the sathumadhu to steep in medium heat for about 6-8 minutes. add the cooked toor dal with its stock.
- Stir it in and allow this to boil for another minute or two in low heat. Add chopped coriander leaves and temper the sathumadhu.
If you find this Tomato Rasam / Thakalli Sathumadhu recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.