Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lauki kottu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lauki kottu recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Why Are Apples So Good With Regard To Your Health.
On TV as well as in magazines absolutely everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, however, have you ever asked yourself why? This is something that many men and women live by and they also ensure their children are eating at least one apple a day. You will even find that individuals in other country’s also adhere to this simple rule and they do not even know why. In our research we have found out why you are told to eat an apple a day and we will be sharing that with you here.
You might have always been told to be sure that you are eating your fruit and veggies so you get your vitamins, but apples have been at the top of the list. Well lets check out the vitamins and minerals that you can find in just one apple. A number of the major minerals that you will find in apples are potassium, calcium, phosphorus, manganese, iron, sodium, copper and zinc, and also other trace minerals. Naturally vitamins are also essential for your health and you will find vitamin B1, niacin, vitamin B6 and many more that promote health.
I hope I have revealed some information that explained why apples are so good for you. In this article we just discussed some of the benefits of eating an apple a day. You’ll be able to locate many more benefits regarding your health when it comes to apples. When you go shopping again, make sure you buy quite a few apples, their in the produce isle. You will see that your overall health can tremendously be benefited by eating apples.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lauki kottu recipe. To make lauki kottu you need 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Lauki kottu:
- Prepare 1/2 lauki chopped / bottlegourd
- Prepare 1/2 cup coconut
- Use 1 green chilli
- Use 2 red chilli
- Provide Handful curry leaves
- Prepare A pinch hing / safoetida
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon urad daal
- You need 1/2 teaspoon jeera / cumin
- Get 1/2 lime
- Get 1 handful yellow moong dal
- Get 1 handful toor daal
- Prepare as required Water for cooking dhal
- Take as required Pudina to garnish
- Get 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
Steps to make Lauki kottu:
- First cook the two daal with water and turmeric powder after 5 whistles let it cool so keep it aside. Mash the daal well.
- Now chop the lauki deseeded and keep aside.
- In a mixer jar add coconut, jeera and chillis and grind well.
- Take a Kadai add oil mustard seeds hing and urad dhal and curry leaves and let it splutter. Then add chopped lauki with salt and cook well. Once cooked add the cooked dhal and little water and simmer covered for two mins.
- Lastly add coconut paste with little water and simmer for two mins. Ready to serve with roti, can be had with rice but red rice.
If you find this Lauki kottu recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.