Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Sweet Potato and Goat's Cheese Samosa recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet Potato and Goat's Cheese Samosa recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Potato and Goat's Cheese Samosa recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Very good For You.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” article you study will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is certainly very good advice. Sometimes, though, the last thing you choose is to have to make a meal from scratch. Once in a while you only want to pay a visit to the drive through while you are on your way home and complete the day. There is simply no reason you shouldn’t be able to make it happen once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This is because most popular fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their choices. Here’s how it is possible to eat healthfully when you are at a fast food restaurant.
Aim at the side dishes. Not too long ago, the only real side dish item offered by a fast food restaurant was French fries. Now most of the fast food choices have been widened considerably. Now you can find several different salads. You could get chili. You might get baked potatoes. You can make fruit. There are so many possibilities that you can choose that do not force you to consume foods that have been deep fried. When deciding on your dinner from the drive through, choose a variety of side items instead of choosing a pre-made “meal deal”. You’ll keep your calorie and fatty food count very low and save yourself commitment.
Simple sense states that the best way to lose weight and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet altogether. Most of the time this is a good concept but if you make good choices, there is no reason you can’t visit your drive through once in a while. Sometimes the best thing is to let someone else make your dinner. If you decide on healthy things, the remorse usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet potato and goat's cheese samosa recipe. To make sweet potato and goat's cheese samosa you need 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Potato and Goat's Cheese Samosa:
- You need 400 grams sweet potato (cut into small cubes)
- Get 200 grams goat's or feta cheese (cut into small cubes)
- Provide 1 whole red chilli (finely chopped)
- Prepare 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Use 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Provide 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- You need 3 clove crushed garlic
- Get 3 spring onions (chopped)
- Use 1 tsp toasted cumin seeds (crushed)
- Take 270 grams fresh filo pastry
- Provide 125 grams unsalted butter
- Use 1 dash rock salt and cumin seeds to sprinkle on pastry
Steps to make Sweet Potato and Goat's Cheese Samosa:
- Place the potatoes into a saucepan covered with water and some salt. Bring to the boil, simmer for approx 6-8 minutes until they become tender. Drain into a colander and allow to cool.
- Now add the goat's cheese, spring onions, coriander, garlic, fresh red chilli and crushed cumin. Lightly season with some salt and mix well. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C
- Melt 125g butter. Lay a sheet of filo pastry onto a clear work surface and brush the sheet with melted butter. Place a second sheet on top to fit exactly over the first.
- Now cut the filo pastry into strips approximately 5cms wide, then spoon enough filling into one corner of the strip. Fold the right corner of the strip over to the left side to create a triangle. Continue to fold triangle along the strip until you reach the end and cut off any surplus pastry.
- Brush the samosas liberally with butter and sprinkle some rock salt and cumin seeds on the top side of the samosas. Bake in the oven for approx 12-15 minutes, until pastry is cooked and golden.
- Inspired by tv chef :p
If you find this Sweet Potato and Goat's Cheese Samosa recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.