Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Massaman Beef Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Massaman Beef Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Can Have Enormous Benefits For Your Health.
I am certain you’ve heard that you should be eating an apple a day but did you ever ask yourself why this is actually important? You might know people that live by this and also require that their children live by this guideline as well. You will even find that folks in other country’s also follow this simple rule and they don’t know why. You will be happy to know that we have carried out a little research, and we are going to explain to you why this is regarded as a miracle fruit.
According to another study, apples can also have positive results on your brain. They discovered that one of the components in apples called quercetin, has actually been proven to help you to protect brain cells. Meaning by eating apples it is possible to decrease the risk of getting Alzheimer’s.
And now you recognize why people tell you that you need to eat an apple every day. The one thing you should understand is that we only covered a portion of the benefits of eating apples. Every one of the benefits would take us too much time to include in this post, however the information is out there. So do yourself a favor and pick up some apples the next time you go to the grocery store. These apples can certainly end up helping you to live a longer and healthier life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to massaman beef curry recipe. You can cook massaman beef curry using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Massaman Beef Curry:
- Provide 1 pack (250 g) cubed chuck beef or stewing beef cut into long strips
- Take 3 tablespoons Massaman curry paste
- You need 4-5 shallots, peeled
- Take 1 onion chopped in big chunks
- Prepare 1 can coconut milk
- Use 2-3 tbsp fish sauce
- Provide 2-3 grated palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- Provide 2 tbsp tamarind
- Provide 1 medium-sized potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- Prepare 4-5 tablespoons unsalted roasted peanuts (can use cashew nut if prefer)
- Prepare 2 star anise
Instructions to make Massaman Beef Curry:
- In a big saucepan, add about 2-3 tbsp coconut milk (use the thick part) and wait until coconut milk start bubbling. Add beef in and stir for 2-3 min.
- Add star anise and Massaman curry in and mix in well.
- Add onion, in and leave it to cook for about 30 min then add potato and the rest of your coconut milk in.
- Seasoning with fishsauce, palm sugar, tamarind. Give it a taste it should be sweet, salty and a little sour and nutty. Add some cashew nuts or peanuts and stir well. Leave it to cook for about another 25 min or until potatoes cooked. Add a little bit of water if needed too.
- Perfectly serve with thai jasmine rice.
- For oven braised method: Coat beef in 1 tablespoon of oil, star anise and massaman curry paste, mix well. You can braise your beef in the oven for about an hour. Once your beef in oven for 45 min - an hour put coconut milk in saucepan, then curry paste and mix well then add your beef that have been braised in the oven in the. Add onion, fishsauce, tamarind paste, palm sugar and the rest of coconut milk in. Mix well.
If you find this Massaman Beef Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.