Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you're looking for Roasted Cod with Smashed Potatoes recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Roasted Cod with Smashed Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roasted Cod with Smashed Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Nutritious Fast Food.
Just about every single article you read about improving your health or weight loss is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. There’s some worth to this. But at times the last thing you want to do is prepare a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just would like to go to the drive through along the way home and call it a day. There is no reason you shouldn’t be able to do this once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. You are able to do this because most of the popular joints are now advertising “healthy” menu alternatives to keep their businesses up. Here is the way to find appropriate food choices at the drive through.
Aim toward the side dishes. It wasn’t too long ago that French Fries were your sole side dish option at a restaurant. Now more or less all of the well-known fast food places have broadened their menus. Now you can find a variety of salads. You may also select Chili. You can also get a baked potato. You can choose fruit. There are so many possibilities that you can choose that do not force you to consume foods that have been deep fried. Instead of the pre-determined “meal deals” make an effort to create a meal from side dishes. This can help you keep the calorie count low and lower your fat intake.
Logic claims that one of the best ways to stay healthy and balanced is to bypass the drive through and never eat fast food. Most of the time this is a good plan but if you make beneficial choices, there is not any reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Sometimes the best thing is to let another person create your dinner. There isn’t any reason to feel terrible about visiting the drive through when you make healthy and balanced decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to roasted cod with smashed potatoes recipe. To cook roasted cod with smashed potatoes you need 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Roasted Cod with Smashed Potatoes:
- Provide 2 salt cod fillets
- Provide 2 Green peppers
- You need 8-10 small potatoes
- You need to taste Salt
- Prepare as needed Milk
- You need Ground black pepper
- Prepare Olive oil
- Get 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
Steps to make Roasted Cod with Smashed Potatoes:
- To remove the salt from the salted cod. Place in cold water with the skin up for 24 hours. Changing the water every couple of hours.
- Pat dry the cod with kitchen roll to remove any excess water.
- In a bowl soak the cod in milk and a pinch of black pepper. Refrigerate for a few hours.
- Discard the milk and again pat dry the cod with kitchen roll.
- Boil the potatoes whole with skin on in salted water until soft. Then drain well.
- Using the back of a spoon or your fists squash the potatoes until they break.
- Put the potatoes in an oven tray with a good drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Bake until crispy. My potatoes took about 50 minutes or so.
- Put the peppers whole on a tray and roast at the same time as the potatoes. Roast until the outside skin is charred. Allow to cool or run under cold water and then peel the skin and slice the peppers
- Grill the cod on both sides for 4-5 minutes either on a grill pan or on the bbq.
- Lastly in a small frying heat a good amount of olive oil and then gently fry the garlic for less than a minute.
- Plate up the cod, potatoes and roasted peppers then drizzle with the olive oil and garlic.
If you find this Roasted Cod with Smashed Potatoes recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.