Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kerala Chicken Dum Biryani recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala Chicken Dum Biryani recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthful Fast Food.
Almost every single article about weight loss and getting healthy informs readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague as well as to carry out all of their own cooking. This is literally very true. But occasionally the last thing you wish to do is put together a whole supper for yourself and your family. Sometimes almost all you want is to go to the drive through and get home quickly. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be permitted to do this and not be plagued by guilt about slipping on your diet. You are capable of doing this because most of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here is how you can eat healthy and balanced when you visit the drive through.
Milk, juice as well as water would be the best choices for beverages. Choosing a large soft drink as your beverage adds hundreds of harmful calories to your meal. Usually an individual serving of soft drinks is only eight ounces big. Those eight ounces are often at least 100 calories and about ten tablespoons of sugar. A fast food soda is typically a minimum of twenty ounces. Thirty ounces, however, is much more common. This means that your drink alone will put a multitude of ounces of sugar into your body as well as several thousand empty calories. It is much healthier to choose milk, juice and also regular water.
Basic reason states that the simplest way to lose weight and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet completely. While this is usually recommended all you need to do is make a number of good choices and traveling to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Every now and then, allowing someone else cook dinner is just the thing you need. When you select healthy menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala chicken dum biryani recipe. To make kerala chicken dum biryani you only need 25 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Kerala Chicken Dum Biryani:
- Provide rice For
- You need 2 cups Basmati rice -
- You need 1 Ghee - tblspn
- Prepare handful Coriander leaves curry leaves + -
- Prepare 3 , cloves masala cardamom cinnamon Whole - - - stick , - 4 , 1 small
- Provide 1 small 1/4 tspns mace jeera - piece , shah -
- Get half Lemon juice lemon -of
- Get Salt
- Take Water -as needed
- Provide masala For
- Provide 500 gms Chicken -
- Get 1 Ginger - medium sized piece
- Prepare 10 Garlic - podes
- Take 4 Green chilli -
- Use handful Coriander leaves -
- Use 2 sprig Curry leaves -
- Provide 1 Lemon Juice - tblpsn
- You need 1/2 tspn Kashmiri chilli powder -
- Get 1/2 tspn Coriander power -
- Take 1/4 tspn Turmeric powder -
- Use 2 Curd - tblspn
- Prepare 2 large / 3 Onion - medium sliced finely
- You need 1 Tomato big -
- You need 2 Curd - tblspn
- You need Salt
Instructions to make Kerala Chicken Dum Biryani:
- Home made biryani masala powder(makes around 1/4 cup powder)
- Cinnamon-2 medium pieces,cloves-10,cardamom-6,fennel seeds-1/4 cup,whole pepper corns-1 tspn,mace-3 meduim pieces Star anise-1 small,nutmeg-1 small piece,shah jeera-1/2 tspn Dry roast these ingredients.Then grind to a fine powder.
- For rice
- Soak basmati rice in water for 30 mints.
- Boil water in a deep pan.Add ghee,whole masala,coriander and curry leaves,lemon juice and salt to it.Let it boil.Then add rice to it and let it cook.Switch off the flame when rice is 3/4th cooked.Drain water and keep aside.
- For masala
- Cut chicken pieces to medium sized pieces.Crush together ginger,garlic,green chilli,coriander leaves and curry leaves.Marinate the chicken pieces with this crushed paste.Add 2 tblpsn curd,1 tblspn lemon juice,red chilli powder,coriander powder,tumeric powder and salt also to the chicken pieces.Mix well till the chicken pieces are well coated with the masala.Keep aside for 30 mints (or more)
- Now fry the onion till they are golden brown and keep aside.In the same oil,add chopped tomato.Add let them cook well.Now add the marinated chicken pieces.Sprinkle homemade biryani masala powder.Add enough salt also.Mix everything well.Cover and cook in low flame.After 5 mints add 3/4 th of the fried onion to the chicken,mix well,see if water needs to be added to the chicken.If so add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water.Cook till the gravy becomes thick and chicken is 3/4 th cooked.Finally add…
- In an oven proof tray,spread one layer of chicken masala.Then spread cooked rice on top of it.Spread some fried onion.Repeat the same with all the masala, rice and fried onion.Top layer should be rice.Mix a pinch of turmeric powder with 2 tblspn warm milk and sprinkle on top of the biryani.Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 30 mints at 350 F/180 C. Garnish with remaining fried onion and serve with raita.
- Notes:If you are using stove top method, layer the biryani in a heavy bottomed pan and cover it with a tight lid.Heat a thava and when it is hot place the biryani vessel on the top.Keep the flame at lowest and cook for 20-25 mints.At the same time, place a pan of boiling water on top of the biryani vessel.
If you find this Kerala Chicken Dum Biryani recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.