Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Pumpkin and toor daal curry-Kerala style recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Pumpkin and toor daal curry-Kerala style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pumpkin and toor daal curry-Kerala style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Very good For You.
Almost every single article about weight loss and getting healthy tells readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague as well as to do all of their own cooking. There’s some benefit to this. But at times the last thing you would like to do is make a whole meal for yourself and your family. Sometimes all you really want is to go to the drive through and get home as quickly as possible. There is no reason that you simply shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. You are able to do this because most of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu selections to keep their businesses up. Here is the way to find healthy food at the drive through.
Milk, juice and also water would be the best options for beverages. Drinking a large soda forces hundreds of empty unhealthy calories into your diet. Usually a single helping of soda is merely eight ounces big. That portion normally contains at the very least a hundred calories and more than a few tablespoons of sugar. Most fast food carbonated drinks are a minimum of twenty ounces big. It is most often a minimum of 30 ounces. This ensures that just ordering a soft drink will add cupfulls of sugar and thousands of empty calories to your diet program. Milk, fruit juices as well as plain water are more healthy options.
Logic claims that one the easiest way to stay balanced is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually a good idea all you need to do is make a couple of good selections and traveling to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Often what you need most is just to have another person do the cooking. There isn’t any reason to feel guilty about visiting the drive through when you make healthy and balanced decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pumpkin and toor daal curry-kerala style recipe. To cook pumpkin and toor daal curry-kerala style you need 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Pumpkin and toor daal curry-Kerala style:
- Prepare 250 gms Pumpkin (cut)
- You need 1 cup Toor dal
- Get 1 no Onion (chopped)
- Get 3 pcs Garlic (chopped)
- Provide 1 cup coconut Grated
- Prepare 2 nos chilles Green
- Get 1 tbsp Oil
- Provide 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Provide 1 tsps Chilli powder
- Provide 1 tsp Garam masala
- Prepare 1 tsp Chicken masala
- You need as required Salt
- Use 1 tbsp Ghee
- Prepare Mustard seeds
- Take 3 nos chilles Dry red
- Get 10 - 15 nos Curry leaves
Steps to make Pumpkin and toor daal curry-Kerala style:
- Pressure cook dal with chilli powder,garam masala salt and turmeric for 1 whistle. let it cool.Then in to this cooker add the pumpkin pieces and pressure cook for one more whistle.
- Meanwhile add oil to a heating pan and add garlic and chillies.I usually add a lot of garlic as it enhances the taste.Once the raw smell goes add add onions and wait for it to turn brown.
- Now add chicken masala to it.
- Add the pressure cooked items to this pan and allow to mix well.
- Add the coconut gratings and mix well.Check for required salt level.
- In another pan heat some ghee and add mustard seeds.Let it splutter then add dry red chillies and curry leaves. Add this to the hot curry and serve.
If you find this Pumpkin and toor daal curry-Kerala style recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.