Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Doi-Katla Kalia (Carp Fish in Yoghurt Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Doi-Katla Kalia (Carp Fish in Yoghurt Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” article you read will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. There’s some worth to that. But at times the last thing you wish to do is put together a whole meal for yourself and your family. Sometimes just about all you want is to go to the drive through and get home quickly. Why shouldn’t you be able to do this every so often and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet program? You can do this because lots of the popular joints are now advertising “healthy” menu alternatives to keep their businesses up. Here is the way to eat healthy and balanced when you visit the drive through.
Go with the side dishes. Not too long ago, the sole side dish item at a fast food restaurant was French fries. Now most of the fast food selections have been widened quite a bit. Now plenty of them provide salads. Chili can be yet another selection. Baked potatoes can even be purchased. Fruit is normally available. There are so many selections that you can choose that do not force you to consume foods that have been deep fried. When choosing your dinner from the drive through, pick out a variety of side items instead of choosing a pre-made “meal deal”. You’ll maintain your calorie and fatty food count lower and escape dedication.
Traditional logic tells us that one sure way to get healthy and shed pounds is to by pass the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, in most cases, this is a good strategy, if you make intelligent choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Once in a while, permitting someone else cook dinner is just the thing you need. If you ultimately choose healthy items, the shame usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to doi-katla kalia (carp fish in yoghurt curry recipe. You can cook doi-katla kalia (carp fish in yoghurt curry using 26 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Doi-Katla Kalia (Carp Fish in Yoghurt Curry:
- Take 500 gms Katla Fish (Big Slices/Pieces)
- Provide 4 tbsp Cooking Oil (Any)
- Use 1 Cup Mustard Oil (To fry the Fish)
- Get To Taste Salt
- Provide 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Prepare 1/2 Cup Plain Yoghurt (well beaten with the sugar)
- Take 1 Cup Onions 🧅 Slices
- You need 2-3 dry red chillies
- Provide 1 tsp cumin seeds
- You need 4-5 cloves
- Use Few black peppercorns
- Get 1-2 bay leaves
- Provide 1 cinnamon stick
- Prepare 1-2 green cardamoms
- Take 1 black cardimom
- Prepare 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- Prepare 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Use 1 tbsp Ginger Paste
- Use 1/2 tsp Garlic Paste
- You need 3-4 Red Chilli Paste
- Take 1.5 tsp Ghee
- Prepare 1-1.5 Cups Hot Water (For Gravy)
- Prepare 1 Small Tomatoes (Chopped/Optional)
- Take 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder (Homemade)
- Use 2 Potatoes (Optional): Ideally, it’s added though in the same 😊💁🏻♀️
Steps to make Doi-Katla Kalia (Carp Fish in Yoghurt Curry:
- Clean the fish pieces & marinate with some salt & turmeric powder & set aside for at least 30-40 mins time (more is better always), Make a smooth paste out of the wet Masalas- aforementioned
- Heat a frying pan 🍳 & fry the fish pieces in batches depending on its sizes to crispy dark brown Color over the medium-high flame 🔥
- In another Frying Pan 🍳: Add in the oil & goes in the tempering spices & when it released the aroma add in the onion slices & some salt 🧂 & sauté until golden brown
- Now, add in the wet masala paste & keep stirring continuously to avoid burning- Need to sauté until its raw smell goes off & release a nice 👍🏻 aroma from the same
- Once well sautéd, put off the flame 🔥 to add in the whisked yoghurt with the sugar & add into the gravy while stirring continuously to avoid curdling of it & then putron the flame 🔥 again to complete the cooking
- Add in some hot water for the desired GRAVY…once comes to the boiling point- add in the fried fish 🐠 & immerse it well- put the flame to the low & cover the lid & allow it to cook for another 10-12 mins time, lastly- put garam masala powder & ghee, give it a final mix- put off the flame 🔥 & allow it to rest it in its standby position for 10 mins time before serving hot
- Serve it Hot with Hot Plain Rice 🍛💁🏻♀️🍚….ENJOY !!! 😍
If you find this Doi-Katla Kalia (Carp Fish in Yoghurt Curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.