Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you're looking for The Best Japanese Curry Rice recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best The Best Japanese Curry Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to The Best Japanese Curry Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Healthy Fast Food.
Just about every single article you read about bettering your health or losing weight is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is actually very good advice. Sometimes, though, the last thing you need is to have to make meals from scratch. Once in a while you need to pay a visit to the drive through when you are on your way home and finish the day. There is no reason that you simply shouldn’t be able to make it happen once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This may be possible because an abundance of the popular fast food spots are trying to make their menus healthier now. Here is how one can find healthy food at the drive through.
Focus on the sides. Not that long ago, the only side dish item at a fast food restaurant was French fries. Now lots of the fast food menus have been widened quite a bit. Now you can get a range of salads. You can get chili. You could possibly get baked potatoes. Fruit is usually obtainable. There are a lot of alternatives that don’t include eating one thing deep fried. Instead of the pre-determined “meal deals” make an effort to build a meal out of side dishes. You’ll keep your calorie and fatty food count low and stay away from time and effort.
Logic states that that one of the best ways to stay healthy and balanced is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually a good idea all you need to do is make a number of good decisions and visiting the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Occasionally, allowing someone else cook dinner is just the thing you need. When you choose wholesome menu items, you do not have to feel terrible about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to the best japanese curry rice recipe. To make the best japanese curry rice you need 11 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare The Best Japanese Curry Rice:
- Take 1/2 box Vermont Curry *medium hot
- Use 1/2 box Java Curry *medium hot
- Take 3-4 Potatoes
- Use 2-3 Carrots
- Take 1 Onion
- Get 500 g (17.63 oz) Beef *shredded or thinly sliced
- You need 2 Bay leaves
- Prepare 2 tbsp Oil
- You need 1250 ml (42.26 fl oz) Water
- You need 6 portions Cooked rice
- You need to taste Fukushinzuke pickles
Instructions to make The Best Japanese Curry Rice:
- There is a wide variety of Japanese curry base! Vermont has mild/med hot/hot. Java has mild/med hot/hot/spicy. Find your favorite curry base combination!
- You can get English label packages in the US! If you have access to Jungle Jim's in Cincinnati, OH, you'll find them in the Japanese section. Fukushinzuke pickles are stored near the tofu too!
- Peel the potatoes, carrots, and onions. Cut those and the beef into bite size pieces. *It will be better to cut the potatoes bigger since they tend to become smaller as it stews.
- Soak potatoes in water for 10 mins to remove scum.
- Stir-fry vegetables with oil.
- Add beef and stir-fry again.
- Add water little by little and stir gently.
- Put in the bay leaves. They have an effect to reduce the meat smell.
- Place a paper kitchen towel on top to absorb any scum.
- Put on the lid and stew with low heat for 30 mins.
- Stop the heat. Add 1/2 box of Vermont Curry & 1/2 box of Java Curry and melt them well.
- Stew again with low heat for 30 mins. *Stir occasionally to prevent burning. Remove the bay leaves after well stewed.
- To soak the curry flavor well to all ingredients and make it richer, cool it down and then put in the refrigerator over night. *Do not leave at room temperature over night. Curry can easily get bad. Make sure to keep in the refrigerator!
- Or… If you want to eat right away on the day you cooked, cool down once and then heat again. "Stew → cool down & rest → stew" is the best method to make this curry richer. But, I would say 2nd day curry is much better!
- To cool it down quickly, soak the pan in a bigger pan with cold water. Change the water several times as it becomes warm.
- Heat the curry to serve. Put rice in a bowl, pour curry, add Fukushinzuke pickles and done!
If you find this The Best Japanese Curry Rice recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.