Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Veggie Pasta Bake recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Veggie Pasta Bake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Veggie Pasta Bake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Can Certainly Have Enormous Advantages For Your Health.
Every person has heard the words “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, however the question is, is this really a true statement. Many individuals have lived with this viewpoint for many years, and they additionally pass this on to their children. You will even find that people in other country’s also follow this simple rule and they do not know why. You will be happy to know that we have completed a little research, and we are going to teach you why this is thought to be a miracle fruit.
While everyone knows that eating plenty of fruits and vegetables is a great way to make sure your body gets all the nutrition it needs, why are apples pushed so much? The first thing you should recognize is that apples possess more vitamins and minerals as compared to some other fruits.. Apples contain, manganese, phosphorus and calcium and all tend to be beneficial to your health, but there are also many more healthy minerals in apples. Needless to say vitamins are also very important for your health and you will find vitamin B1, niacin, vitamin B6 and many more that promote well being.
To conclude, I guess an apple a day actually can keep the doctor away and now you know why. The huge benefits we covered are just a handful of of the benefits that eating apples can provide. All of the benefits would take us too much time to include in this write-up, however the information is out there. I really hope that the the very next time you go to the grocery store you find yourself getting plenty of apples. You will see that your overall health may greatly be benefited by eating apples.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to veggie pasta bake recipe. To cook veggie pasta bake you only need 24 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Veggie Pasta Bake:
- Get 750 g Penna Pasta
- Use Olive oil (max 3 tablespoons only), plus extra for drizzling
- You need Salt
- You need Sauce
- Take 2 cans plum tomatoes (400g each)
- Use 1 jar pasta bolognese sauce (500g)
- You need 1/4 cup water
- Get 1 tsp Italian herbs (rosemary, oregano, thyme)
- Take 3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- You need 3 green chillies halved, lengthwise (medium spice level)
- Prepare 1-1.5 tbsp sugar
- Provide Fresh basil (leave some for garnish)
- Get VEGGIES + SAUSAGES (dry-fried/grilled & baked)
- Get Vegetarian sausages (I used Cauldron brand)
- Get 1 courgette/zuchinni, chopped round then into half moons
- Prepare 1 Aubergine (medium-large), cut vertically- see pics below
- You need 1 pack button mushrooms, washed and medium chopped
- Get 120 g pack Spinach, washed
- Get 1 large red onion
- Take 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Take Toppings
- Provide Fresh basil
- You need Cheddar and mozarella, shredded/grated
- Take Olive oil for drizzling
Steps to make Veggie Pasta Bake:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius- for sausages and courgette later
- For the sauce. In a pan on medium heat, add 1 tbsp oil. Then add chopped garlic, 3 green chillies, halved. Cook until garlic is browned
- Turn up heat slightly. Add in 2 cans of plum tomatoes, 1 jar bolognese sauce, pinch of salt, italian herbs and fresh basil. Add 1/4 cup water. Mix all until sauce comes to a boil. Then lower heat, cover and let simmer over low-medium heat for 25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Cook pasta as per pack instructions with 1 tbsp oil and salt. Drain when ready.
- While pasta sauce is simmering for the next 25 mins, put sausages in pre-heated oven. Bake as per pack instructions (mine were 20 mins). Cut courgettes into half moons. Bake for 10 mins. (I put mine in the same baking pan as the sausages and just removed them earlier, allowing sausages to finish baking). Once baked, cut sausages. Set courgettes and sausages aside.
- Cut your aubergine lengthwise. In a separate pan, on medium heat (NO OIL), place aubergine and allow to dry-fry for 7-10 mins on each side, turning occasionally, until they become slightly charred- see pic. Remove and set aside.
- Slice red onion thinly. In same pan, on medium heat, add half tbsp oil and sliced red onions. When they start to wilt, add 1tsp balsamic vinegar (see pic). This will give them a sweet taste! Allow to caramelise slightly. Remove and set aside.
- In same pan, cook your mushrooms until no longer watery. Set aside.
- Pasta tomato sauce should be ready and reduced by now. Add 1tbsp sugar to balance the taste. Mix. Add drained pasta to sauce together with the courgettes, mushrooms, sausages. Mix all. Add spinach, cover for 2 mins to allow it to wilt. Uncover. Stir all for 1 min. Remove from heat.
- Assemble! Grease your baking dish with a spray of olive oil. Pour the mixed pasta. Top with the caramelised red onions and charred aubergine. Finish with grated cheddar and mozarella all over. Add basil for garnish. See pic.
- Drizzle the top lightly with olive oil. Bake at 200 degrees celsius for 15 mins, until golden. Enjoy and bon appetit!
If you find this Veggie Pasta Bake recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.