Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Ham and Cheese Potato Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ham and Cheese Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and Cheese Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Why Are Apples So Good Pertaining To Your Health.
More than likely you have heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever ask yourself why this is important? This is something that many people live by and they also ensure their children are eating at least one apple a day. You will even find that people in other country’s also stick to this simple rule and they don’t know why. In our research we have learned why you are told to eat an apple a day and we will be revealing that with you here.
In accordance with another study, apples can also have good results on your brain. While doing their study they learned that, quercetin, which is located in apples assists in maintaining healthy brain cells. And of course thanks to this component in apples, they can essentially reduce Alzheimer’s symptoms.
And now you recognize why men and women tell you that you should eat an apple every day. The advantages we covered are only a few of the benefits that eating apples can provide. Should you look and ask around, you’ll come to see that the benefits can appear limitless. I am hoping that the the very next time you go to the supermarket you end up getting plenty of apples. You will find that your overall health can significantly be benefited when you eat apples.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ham and cheese potato soup recipe. You can have ham and cheese potato soup using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Ham and Cheese Potato Soup:
- Take 4 baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- Provide 1 small onion, diced
- Take 2 stalks celery, diced small
- Use 6 baby carrots, diced small
- Get 1/2 lb deli ham, diced small
- Prepare 1 quart chicken broth, I used my own homemade because I have it. Boxed is fine
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups cheese of choice
- Take 2 cups half and half
- Use Green onions, sliced optional
- Take Salt pepper onion and garlic powders
Steps to make Ham and Cheese Potato Soup:
- Sauté your onions, celery, and carrots in a little olive oil. Add seasonings. Add the ham. Pour in the broth and add the potatoes.
- Cook til potatoes are tender. Lower heat and add half and half. I mash my potatoes with a potato masher but leave it chunky. Stir in cheese and cook on low until it all melts and melds. Spoon it up and garnish with green onions. We have crusty bread and butter and sliced sharp cheddar slices on the side.
If you find this Ham and Cheese Potato Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.