Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Below Are A Few Basic Explanations Why Eating Apples Is Good.
On TV as well as in magazines absolutely everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, having said that, have you ever asked yourself why? Many men and women have lived with this school of thought for many years, and they in addition pass this on to their children. You will even find that individuals in other country’s also adhere to this simple rule and they don’t know why. In our research we have found out why you are told to eat an apple a day and we’ll be revealing that with you here.
Additionally, you will be able to get a healthier heart by eating apples. A lot of the things you find in apples, and yes this includes fiber, can in fact help to give you a healthy heart. One more of the advantages apples can give you is that it can help you to lower your cholesterol, and you should also know that this also helps your heart. The particular skin of the apple is where most of the healthy vitamins and minerals can end up being found in an apple. The main reason I point this out is because many men and women will peel an apple before eating it and that is actually a very bad thing as you are removing a lot of the nutritional value.
And now you recognize why individuals tell you that you should eat an apple every day. The benefits we covered are only a handful of of the benefits that eating apples can provide. If you look and ask around, you will come to see that the benefits can appear limitless. So do yourself a favor and grab some apples the next time you go to the grocery store. These apples can certainly end up helping you to live a longer as well as healthier life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to 15 bean cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe. You can cook 15 bean cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice:
- Prepare 1 bag (20 oz) hurst ham beens 15 bean cajun soup mix
- Use 1 medium white or yellow onion diced
- Provide 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- Prepare 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- You need 3/4 cup celery diced
- You need 3 cloves garlic minced
- Prepare Seasoning packet from beans
- Prepare 2 tablespoons parsley
- Use 4 cups filtered water
- Take 4 cups chicken broth
- Use 1 ham hock
- Take 2 packs (12 oz) each beef smoked sausage sliced and halfed
- Prepare Juice of 1 small lemon
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes don't drain
- You need 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
- You need 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Use 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Take 2 tablespoons butter
- You need For rice 👇
- Use 3 cups white instant rice
- Provide 3 cups filtered water
- Use 2 teaspoons sea salt
- You need 1 teaspoon pepper
- Provide 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Take 4 tablespoons butter
Instructions to make 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice:
- Rinse and sort through beans and check for unwanted debris and discard.
- In slow cooker add beans, onion, peppers, garlic, celery, parsley, seasoning packet, broth and water. Mix up and add ham hock in.
- Cover and cook on high for 8 or 9 hours (don't open lid while cooking)
- Brown sausage in a skillet on medium high heat and set aside in refrigerator till ready for use.
- After 8 hours check beans for doneness. If tender remove ham hock and remove fatty outside and shred and add to soup. Add in browned sausage, tomatoes, Italian seasonings, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper. Stir up and cover and continue to cook for about 30 more minutes
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add in rice, butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes covered.
- Serve with rice and enjoy with some buttered cornbread on the side
If you find this 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.