Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Can Certainly Have Massive Advantages To Improve Your Health.
Every person has heard the words “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, but the question is, is this actually a true statement. You may know men and women that live by this and also request that their children live by this guideline as well. This concept is known all over the world and people just take it as fact without knowing if this is really true. In our research we have learned why you are told to eat an apple a day and we will be sharing that with you here.
More than likely you know that produce will supply you with many of the vitamins you need to stay healthy, and apples are usually the item that most men and women have in their houses, but why? Well lets check out the vitamins and minerals that you can acquire in just one apple. Several of the major minerals that you’ll come across in apples are potassium, calcium, phosphorus, manganese, iron, sodium, copper and zinc, and also other trace minerals. And you will also discover vitamins in your apples like, vitamin A, B1, B2, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, B6, C, E, K and other trace vitamins.
In conclusion, I guess an apple a day really can keep the doctor away and now you recognize why. The huge benefits we covered are only a few of the benefits that eating apples can provide. You will be able to discover many more benefits for your health when it comes to apples. I am hoping that the next time you go to the food store you wind up getting plenty of apples. You will see that your overall health could significantly be benefited by eating apples.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken recipe. To cook turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken you only need 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken:
- Prepare 1 FOR SOUP STOCK
- You need 1 Whole leftover roast turkey or chicken, all bones, scraps and bits and pieces
- You need 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- Take 2 stalks celery, cut into chunks
- Prepare 1 large onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- Provide 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- Provide 1 tsp thyme, dryed
- Provide 6 black peppercorns or 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Provide 3 whole garlic cloves
- Get 1 ENOUGH LOW SODIUM CHICKEN BROTH TO COVER ALL STOCK INGREDIENTS! IT WILL VARY DEPENDING ON SIZE OF ROAST
- Get 1 FOR SOUP
- Provide 1 tbsp butter
- Prepare 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- Get 10 button mushrooms, sliced
- Provide 2 celery stalks, sliced
- Prepare 1 medium onion, chopped
- Provide 2 clove of garlic, minced
- You need 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- Use 2 cup bok choy, chopped
- Use 1/2 tsp thyme
- Get 1/2 tsp black pepper and salt to taste
- Prepare 1 tsp hot sauce such as franks brand
- Take 2 tsp lemon juice
- Get 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Get 1 cup or more of leftover turkey or chicken meat, cubed, or sometimes I make little turkey or chicken meatballs and add them to the finished soup
- Provide 1 cup cooked rice or pasta such as egg noodles, or what type you prefer, I used a wild rice blend this time.
- Prepare 2 cup low sodium chicken broth
Instructions to make Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken:
- FOR STOCK
- Combine all stock ingredients in a large stockpot, being sure everthings covered with broth, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 2 to 3 hours, with a cover ajar to allow for broth to reduce somewhat.
- Strain stock through a fine strainer to a clean large bowl, discard solids.
- At this point you need to degrease stock, the simple way is to chill overnight and just remove and discard top layer of fat, or you can skim it off with a ladel if you do not want to wait.
- FOR SOUP
- In a medium saucepan, melt a tablespoon butter, add mushrooms and soften add onions and garlic, carrots, celery tomaotes with the juice from the can, thyme, pepper, hot sauce, broth and lemon juice, bring to a boil and simmer uncovered untl vegetables are tender
- Meanwhile bring your strained stock to a simmer in a large stockpot, add cooked vegetables and all liquid left with them and combine and simmer add bok choy, the cooked rice or pasta and cubed cooked meat, heat through, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve hot!
If you find this Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.