Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Potato Soup (made with ham and cheese) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Soup (made with ham and cheese) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Wholesome Fast Food.
Almost every single article about weight loss and getting healthy tells readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and to perform all of their own cooking. This is certainly good advice. Sometimes, though, the last thing you want is to have to prepare a meal from scratch. Sometimes just about all you really want is to go to the drive through and get home as quickly as possible. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be authorized to do this and not be suffering from remorse about slipping on your diet. You are capable of doing this because most of the popular joints are now marketing “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here is the way to find appropriate food choices at the drive through.
Aim for the side dishes. It wasn’t that long ago that French Fries were your only side dish option at a restaurant. Now many of the fast food choices have been widened quite a bit. There are lots of salads out there today. You may also pick out Chili. Baked potatoes can also be purchased. You can choose fruit. There are many wholesome options that do not consist of putting something deep fried into your body. Instead of the pre-determined “meal deals” aim to make a meal from side dishes. When you do this you can keep your fat content as well as your calorie counts low.
Traditional logic tells us that one sure way to get healthy and lose fat is to by pass the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, for the most part, this is a good idea, if you make sensible choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. At times the thing you need most is just to have someone else do the cooking. If you choose healthy things, the remorse usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to potato soup (made with ham and cheese) recipe. You can have potato soup (made with ham and cheese) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Potato Soup (made with ham and cheese):
- Get 16 small red potatoes, or 8 medium russet, or whatever potatoes enough to equal that
- Provide 1 lb. box Velveeta Cheese or store brand, whatever flavor you like
- Provide 1-2 onions any kind, depending on how much you like onions. (Obviously use more than 2 if you like pearl onions, just get at least a lb.)
- Prepare 1 (16 oz.) container of sour cream, or more depending on if you like it creamy
- Provide 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted margarine or butter
- Take 1 cup instant mashed potatoes (Idahoan brand is my favorite)
- Take 8 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth (or make it with 8 cups water and 8 bouillon cubes) plus ~4 cups extra water (enough to cover)
- You need 1 lb. fresh sliced carrots
- Take 1 cup sliced celery
- You need 1 lb. cooked cubed ham (approximately)
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- Get Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Use Crackers and bacon bits (optional)
Steps to make Potato Soup (made with ham and cheese):
- Wash and cube potatoes (1 inch thickness and add them with seasoning, carrots and ham to a covered ~12 qt. pot to boil over medium to medium-high heat in the broth until tender. (I like to cheat here and microwave the potatoes before I cut them up to help them along). Make sure you add just enough extra water to cover ingredients (~4 more cups). Stir occasionally.
- Sauté over medium heat, onions and celery in margarine or butter just until tender and add the to the pot.
- After potatoes are really fork tender (may need to taste one), melt the cheese in the microwave or a sauce pan following package directions. (I cube it and microwave 1 min. stir, 1 min. stir and 1 min. more and stir in a splash of milk to loosen it up if necessary). Add to pot and stir.
- Add instant potatoes to pot and stir until dissolved.
- Add sour cream to pot and stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and let the soup thicken by simmering over low heat, probably ~10 mins depending on the amount of extra water added.
- Sit back and relax, you’re done, enjoy with/without real bacon bits and/or crackers (I like Ritz).
If you find this Potato Soup (made with ham and cheese) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.