Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Healthy and balanced Fast Food.
Almost every single “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you go through will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is actually very good guidance. From time to time, though, you absolutely do not wish to make a whole meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes almost all you desperately want is to go to the drive through and get home quickly. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be suffering from remorse about slipping on your diet. You are capable of doing this because most of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here is how you can find appropriate food choices at the drive through.
Choose the drive through based on whether or not it has more healthy options available. For example, Arby’s won’t serve hamburgers. You could consume roast beef sandwiches, wraps and salads as an alternative. While Wendy’s has offered hamburgers for decades, they also have plenty of other healthy options like salads, baked potatoes and chili. Not every thing is McDonalds using its deep fried chicken parts as well as other terribly bad items.
Simple reason states that the proper way to lose fat and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet altogether. While, in most cases, this is a good idea, if you make smart choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes what you need is to let someone else make your dinner. If you decide on healthy items, the guilt usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's celeriac soup with leeks and stilton cheese recipe. To make sig's celeriac soup with leeks and stilton cheese you only need 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese:
- Provide 1 large head of celeriac (root vegetable)
- Provide 1 large leek
- Take 4 spring onions
- Provide 80 grams Stilton or other blue cheese
- Take 1 1/2 vegetable stock cube
- You need 1/2 tsp fenugreek (powder) optional
- Take 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- Take 1 good sprinkle of dried tarragon
- Get 1 tbsp butter
- Take 1/2 lemon (juice only) plus 1 tablespoon extra
- Get 1 tbsp evaporated milk
- You need 1 pinch salt or to taste
- You need 3 or so drops of Maggi liquid seasoning ( I use the hot spicy one) or use 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
Instructions to make Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese:
- Peel the celeriac and chop into small shanks. Set a few very small pieces aside for garnish.
- Put the bigger pieces in a pot with the finely chopped leeks and spring onions. Cover just with water. Add a colander or sieve over this but not letting it touch the water.
- Now drop the smaller celeriac pieces into 1/4 of the lemon juice and rub it into the celeriac. Remove and put into the sieve over the other vegetables in the water bring to boil thus cooking the leeks , bigger chunky celeriac and spring onions and steaming the smaller celeriac pieces at the same time.
- When the smaller pieces are almost cooked remove and set aside in another 1/4 of lemon juice.
- Add all other ingredients except the 1 extra tablespoon of lemon juice and the cheese to vegetables in the pot.
- Simmer for five minutes
- Puree the soup, add more water to reach consistency you prefer ,add the cheese and ensure it I melted
- Gently fry the smaller pieces of celeriac until they just caramelise do not fry brown or they go bitter
- Finally season to taste with rest of lemon juice, cayenne pepper and salt if needed and arrange the smaller pieces of celeriac sprinkled with some of the green from the spring onions.
If you find this Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.