Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you're looking for Moroccan Lentil & Chickpea Soup(Harrira) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Moroccan Lentil & Chickpea Soup(Harrira) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Moroccan Lentil & Chickpea Soup(Harrira) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single article about weight loss and getting healthy informs readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague as well as to do all of their own cooking. There’s some value to that. But sometimes the last thing you would like to do is put together a whole meal for yourself and your family. Sometimes almost all you really want is to go to the drive through and get home as quickly as possible. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be tormented by guilt about slipping on your diet. This is because many of the famous fast food restaurants on the market are trying to “healthy up” their selections. Here’s how it is possible to eat healthfully when you are at a fast food spot.
Choose a drive through based on if it has better options available. Arby’s as an example, does not serve burgers. Instead, the selections include roast beef and chicken sandwiches, wraps and big salads. Wendy’s, of course, is known for its square burgers, nevertheless the menu there has a bundle of healthful choices like salad, potatoes and chili. Not all fast food locations are as unhealthy as McDonalds with its deep fried everything.
Traditional logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and shed pounds is to skip the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. Most of the time this is a good idea but if you make good choices, there is no reason you can’t visit your drive through now and then. Often the thing you need most is just to have someone else do the cooking. There isn’t any reason to feel guilty about visiting the drive through when you make healthy decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to moroccan lentil & chickpea soup(harrira) recipe. You can cook moroccan lentil & chickpea soup(harrira) using 17 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Moroccan Lentil & Chickpea Soup(Harrira):
- Prepare 3 big Tomatoes
- Get 1/2 cup red Lentil (Masoor dal)
- Get 1/2 cup boiled Chick peas
- Take 1/3 rd cup boiled red Kidney beans
- You need 1 medium sized Onion chopped
- Get 1/2 teaspoon Garlic paste
- Get 1 teaspoon Tomato paste
- Get 1 teaspoon Black Pepper powder
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon dry Ginger powder
- Use 1/2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
- Get 1 pinch Saffron colour
- Take 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Provide 1/2 of a Lemon
- Take 5-6 Coriander stem chopped
- Take 1 handful Coriander leaves chopped
- Get 2 teaspoons All purpose flour
Instructions to make Moroccan Lentil & Chickpea Soup(Harrira):
- Take 3 tomatoes and give 2 slits in one side the tomatoes and then blanched in boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
- Clean and soak lentils in water for about an hour.
- Remove the blanched tomatoes to a dish and then remove the skin of the tomatoes. Because of the slits it will be easy to peel the skin.
- Chop the blanched and peeled tomatoes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a heavy bottomed saucepan and saute chopped onion for 2-3 minutes.
- When the onion changes colour to pink, add in 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste and saute for one more minute. Then add in the soaked and drained lentils.
- Stir for a couple of minutes in medium heat and then add in spices like black pepper powder, cumin-coriander powder, dry ginger powder and salt.
- Stir and fry for a minute, then add in 3 cups of hot water. Cover and cook in medium heat until lentils cook completely.
- Chop coriander stems and leaves thinly.
- When lentils cook completely, add in the chopped tomatoes and chopped coriander stems.
- Cover and cook again for 5 minutes and then add in boiled chick peas and boiled kidney beans.
- Also add in tomato paste and a pinch of saffron colour for a nice colour.
- Mix everything well, check the consistency and seasoning of the soup. Add hot water if you think the consistency should be thin.
- Take 2 teaspoons of all-purpose flour with 2 tablespoons of hot water and mix well.
- Add in this mixture to the soup and stir well. This will help to make the soup a nice consistency.
- Squeeze 1/2 of a lemon.
- Cook for 2 more minutes, sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and remove from heat. Delicious and healthy Harrira soup is ready to serve.
- Transfer to individual serving bowls and serve hot.
If you find this Moroccan Lentil & Chickpea Soup(Harrira) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.