Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Sig's Mulligatawny Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sig's Mulligatawny Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's Mulligatawny Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Why Are Apples So Good Pertaining To Your Health.
Every person has heard the phrase “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, nevertheless the question is, is this actually a true statement. You may know individuals that live by this and also require that their children live by this principle as well. You will even find that people in other country’s also adhere to this simple rule and they don’t even know why. In this article we are going to be examining apples to see if they really are a food that will help to keep you healthy.
Based on another study, apples may also have great results on your brain. This research showed that the ingredients in apples are able to help keep your brain cells from deteriorating with age. Meaning by eating apples it is possible to minimize the risk of getting Alzheimer’s.
I really hope I have revealed some good information that explained why apples are so healthy for you. The one thing you should realize is that we only covered a handful of the benefits of eating apples. Should you look and ask around, you are going to come to see that the benefits can seem limitless. So do yourself a favor and pick up some apples the next time you go to supermarkets. These apples could end up helping you to live a longer and healthier life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's mulligatawny soup recipe. You can have sig's mulligatawny soup using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sig's Mulligatawny Soup:
- You need 1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- Provide 1 large onion about 225 gram
- Get 5 large cloves garlic crushed
- Get 2 tsp ginger grated
- Use 1 large green chilli, finely chopped
- Take 1/4 tsp each ground cinnamon and ground cloves
- Provide 2 tsp ground coriander
- Get 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Provide 4 cardamom pods, bruised
- You need 5 curry leaves
- Take 1 medium carrot,chopped
- You need 1 medium sour apple,chopped
- Get 1 large potato, chopped
- Provide 1 can about 200 grams red lentils(I use brown as I prefer the flavour) drained
- Provide 1 liter vegetable or chicken stock
- Use 1 tbsp tamarind concentrate
- Get 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Get 2 cup about 500 ml coconut milk
- Prepare 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
Steps to make Sig's Mulligatawny Soup:
- Heat the ghee in a large pot, cook the onion garlic,ginger,chilli,all spices and curry leaves in ghee until the onion has browned a little and there is a fragrance.
- Add apple, carrot,potato, dhal(lentils) and cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender
- Discard cardamom pods and curry leaves
- Blend or process the mixture. in batches until smooth,return to pan, add the tamarind,lemon juice coconut milk and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Make sure the soup is heated through
- I prefer smooth soups but you can puree it to more broth like texture.
- Make a day ahead if you like.
- You can make a chicken stock with 2 large chicken joints and add the chicken for meat eaters.
If you find this Sig's Mulligatawny Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.