Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect 100 calorie Mexican Braised Beef Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect 100 calorie Mexican Braised Beef Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 100 calorie Mexican Braised Beef Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are Some Basic Reasons Why Consuming Apples Is Good.
More than likely you’ve heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever ask yourself why this is actually important? Many individuals have lived with this school of thought for many years, and they also pass this on to their children. This thought can be found in country’s all around the world and people follow it as gospel with out ever finding out why they should eat an apple a day. In this post we are going to be taking a look at apples to see if they really are a food that can help to keep you healthy.
Your heart is an additional thing that can be helped when you eat apples. More than likely you know that apples have fiber, and that, as well as some of the various other substances of apples can promote heart health. You may even be surprised to learn that another way apples can help your heart is by lowering cholesterol. One thing you should recognize is that many of the ingredients for a healthy heart are located in the skin of the apple. The reason why I point this out is because many men and women will peel an apple before eating it and that’s actually a very bad thing as you are getting rid of a lot of the nutritional value.
And now you recognize why men and women tell you that you need to eat an apple every day. In the following paragraphs we just dealt with several of the benefits of eating an apple a day. It is possible to find many more benefits with regard to your health when it comes to apples. When you go shopping again, be sure to purchase a number of apples, their in the produce isle. You will see that your overall health can significantly be benefited when you eat apples.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to 100 calorie mexican braised beef soup recipe. To make 100 calorie mexican braised beef soup you only need 11 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare 100 calorie Mexican Braised Beef Soup:
- Take 1 pkg braising short ribs (usually 4 ribs per pkg)
- You need 2 boxes low sodium beef broth
- Take 2 pkg taco seasoning (or 6 tbsp homemade)
- Take 1 large onion
- Take 3 med carrots
- Get 3 celery stalks
- Take 1 large can diced tomatoes
- Take 1 can black beans (or 2 cups cooked dry beans)
- Get 2 cups frozen corn
- You need Lime juice (and zest if you have fresh limes)
- Provide 1 bunch fresh cilantro
Steps to make 100 calorie Mexican Braised Beef Soup:
- Do not substitute a leaner beef in this recipe. The fat is important for the cooking process and is almost completely removed. - - Choose short ribs with lots of visible meat.
- In an oven safe pot, combine 1 box of broth with 1 pkg (or 3 tbsp fresh) taco seasoning.
- Add the short ribs to the pot and add enough water so that the broth mixture just covers the meat.
- Cover and place in 225°F oven.
- If you have the time, braise at 225°F for 8 hours. - - If not, you can braise for 4 hours at 225F° and then increase temp to 400°F for 1 to 2 more hours. - - The goal is to melt as much of the fat as possible so the meat falls apart.
- Place the whole pot in the refrigerator over night to solidify the fat that has risen to the top.
- Remove the solid fat and discard. Remove the meat and set aside. - Save the broth left in the pot. It will likely have concentrated enough to have a somewhat jelly like consistency.
- Use your hands to pull apart the meat and separate it from the bone and any remaining fat. Keep it in larger chunks. - - As long as the meat is cold, the fat should come off very easily. Any small amounts left on the meat will rise to the top of the soup and can be skimmed off, so don't drive yourself crazy trying to get every last bit.
- Now we make soup! If you don't like dicing veggies, many grocery stores now sell fresh mirepoix (carrots, celery, and onions) mix in the produce section. - - Start by chopping your onions, carrots, and celery and placing them in the bottom of a large stock pot.
- Add about a cup of the reserved braising broth. This avoids the need for added oil or salt. - - For added depth of flavor you can add 1/2 cup of red wine here. Just make sure you cook off all the alcohol. You should not be able to taste wine in your soup. - - If you are sipping wine while you cook, have someone else taste for you once you have added all ingredients.
- Simmer over medium-high heat for about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally at first and then more frequently as the liquid evaporates. - - While you are waiting, open a can of tomatoes and a can of black beans. Rinse beans and 2 cups of corn in a strainer and set aside.
- Once the liquid has evaporated and the veggies are getting tender, start adding the remaining ingredients. - - Add remaining taco seasoning and stir well. - - Wait for the soup to come back up to a simmer before adding each ingredient: - - Remaining braising liquid - Can of diced tomatoes - Can of water (tomato can) - Black beans and corn - Beef
- Now it is time to adjust the flavor. Taste the broth. - - If it is really salty, add another can of water. - - If it is just right or a little lacking in flavor, add the remaining box of broth.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for up to an hour. - - If you are canning this soup, skip the simmering step and add the final flavors. The canning process will continue to cook the soup.
- Chop 1 whole bunch of fresh cilantro. The stems have more flavor than the leaves so get them in there.
- To finish the soup off and take the flavor to th next level, add lime juice 1 tbsp at a time to taste. You don't want the the soup to be sour, but you do want to taste lime. If you have fresh limes, the zest of 1 or 2 is a perfect addition.
- This soup can be served as is or is great with shirataki noodles. - - It can also be served over cooked barley, rice, or egg noodles but will no longer be 100 calories per cup. - - Shirataki noodles are made from insoluble fibre and are calorie free.
If you find this 100 calorie Mexican Braised Beef Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.